• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Inappropriate PA's" memo....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, I wasn't gonna say anything, but come on guys. Just be professional out there.I have to agree with SH on this one. Making announcements that rip our company is not very smart. Do you really think making our product look bad is wise. What is our product you ask.The company who pays our salaries, that's who.Not too smart to run our customers off, do you think?

Well- That is kinda my point. ASA had outstations shich did (most of the time) a wonderful job. Most ASA employees at the stations were very sharp and went the extra mile to serve our passengers appropriately.

DAL didn't (and still doesn't) care enough to hold these new outstation employees to any standard whatsoever. The direct result of this situation is horrible service. DAL could fix this problem-they could pay better wages to these people and provide better training. They could also hold these guys to some sort of standard.

I would bet that when a passenger writes a complaint letter about these situations, they get some sort of "well-we are very sorry, but this flight was not operated by Delta-it was operated by one of our connection partners-we are working with them to ensure better service." Well-nothing could be farther from the truth-DAL mgmt. doesn't give a rat, and people really should have access to accurate information. I can understand how crews who write these issues up repeatedly can become very frustrated and start making "unprofessional" announcements.

If passengers choose to spend money with another airline which actually pretends to give a rat's ass-not really my fault. That is kinda the way a free market economy is supposed to work.

P.S.- I personally don't make the type of announcements SH was whining about-but I see absolutely no problem with doing so-maybe I should start!

Last edited:
Come on guys, it's a pretty simple job, quite being ******************************s and play the part. Christ, listening to all the ASA pusssies whining about these memos is making me sick.

It might be certain people posting what they say in their PA's on this board and the other board. Ya know management reads this stuff too. Good or bad, it gives them the pulse of the group, and how to manage us.

Come on guys, it's a pretty simple job, quite being ******************************s and play the part. Christ, listening to all the ASA pusssies whining about these memos is making me sick.

Mission accomplished!!

the cure for bad service is not "more pay". that is stupid. fire the people doing a bad job, there are lots of unemployed folks who would be glad to have a job

the cure for bad service is not "more pay". that is stupid. fire the people doing a bad job, there are lots of unemployed folks who would be glad to have a job

well- yes, that used to happen-but the guys who used to do these jobs did them pretty well-in exchange for flight benefits and much higher pay. I never thought ASA was particularly generous to these guys (until I found out just how cheap the new guys are.)

-I still think an informed consumer is a better customer. If they really knew who was actually responsible for the incredibly bad level of service we have been seeing, they would not be fooled by the whole "it is our connection partner's fault." The old "connection carrier" did a fine job almost every time I pulled into one of these stations.

-The whole "bait and switch" mainline is pulling here is really reprehensible. People came to expect a certain level of service from experienced employees at these places, and now these same customers pay even more money (with all the junk fees which have been popping up of late) for just sorry treatment. If I were a business traveler (say out of ILM) with options, I would be excercusing those options now.

Latest resources

Back