• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

In flight pranks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well, get a move on, then!!! time is of the essence... i need an answer by next sunday. it's in the general section

I'll look it up, gotta get going now though, just woke up from a nap after a red eye and haven't had anything to eat, I'm starving!!

See ya!

Back in my air ambulance pilot days we would occasionally have to “gown up” when we transported patients with certain contagious diseases or symptoms. It was something that we didn’t like doing - it meant that we had to wear a face mask and go into quarantine upon the completion of the flight. We had to remain in quarantine until hospital staff called us told us otherwise. While we were “out of service” we were supposed to lock the MU-2's door and put up a sign that read: “Warning, Do Not Enter. Quarantined Aircraft.”

One evening, I was called out on a trip where we needed to gown up. We returned back to the airport a couple of hours prior to shift change. Following procedure, I locked the aircraft, placed the sign on the door, and went up to the quarantine area to await the call from the hospital.

The call finally came just before the mechanics showed up for work. I went down to the airplane to remove the sign and unlock the door. I figured that it would be the perfect opportunity for a little “payback” so we simply unlocked the door and placed the quarantine sign face down on the hangar floor and kicked it under the airplane where it couldn’t be readily seen.

When the mechanic showed up to work, he walked out to the airplane and started performing his “daily” mechanic's preflight. We waited until he had entered the airplane then had the hospital dispatcher page him. He was advised that the airplane and pilots were contaminated with some highly contagious deadly virus and that the pilots had been transported to the hospital for emergency treatment. The dispatcher asked him where he was and our illustrious mechanic told him that he was sitting in the airplane. He was then told that he would have to be quarantined and that they were dispatching an ambulance to transport him to the hospital. He was told to stay in the airplane and keep the door closed. The poor guy took it hook line and sinker. A mean thing to do? Perhaps, but like I said, it was a great payback. :D

One of the guys I used to work with had flown C-119s in the Air Force back in the 1950's. They would frequently fly those things with the rear doors removed. New guys liked to tie a strap to themselves and go to tthe back of the airplane while they were flying - it must have been quite a view.

What they didn't realize was that with the doors removed the "fluid" from the relief tube would get sucked back into the rear opening. The cockpit crew would take turns peeing into the hose and watching the load masters wipe the "spray" off their glasses and faces. :eek:

'Sled

Last edited:
HAHAHA, that's gross, 'sled! great stories, keep 'em coming!

CRFLyPutt said:
We have a guy who loves to sleep when it's not his leg.

hahahaha

Carlos? "I took some sleeping pills...."

Hey! Who's the Hermann chick in your avatar? You need to e-mail me a picture, man.

Some I've *heard* others do...

In the Saab, the lav is directly behind the FO seat. Seat lid rests up against the bulkhead behind the FO seat. Male captain goes to the lav during flight (presumably standing) and FO bangs on the bulkhead, causing toilet seat to drop on captian's member while bodily function in progress.

Also in the Saab, there is a handle grip above each pilot's seat. While on the ground on a 20 minute turn, place ice cubes up there. 20 minutes later, it's time for takeoff and the ice cubes have melted. Water falls on the captain's head when the power levers are brought up.

Last one for the Saab...captain and FO have been having landing contests all day - who can grease it on the best? FO is flying, and to get even for the prior two practical jokes, captain tests the fire warning system during the FO's flare. Guess who won?

I have lots on the Citation that I've *heard* others do, but I don't want to give my co-pilot any ideas!

One of our FBO's female CSAs wanted me to take her and 2 of her 20 year old female friends for a ride one recent Saturday night. I relunctantly agreed ;-)

As I start to taxi the little Cessna I make sure to turn the yoke as I would normally steer a car. Then I ask the unsuspecting gal up front if she'd like to try her hand at taxiing. (They always say "YES!") I tell her to make sure she stays on the yellow line. Then I slowly start applying a little rudder pressure to get us drifting one way. When she tries to correct I slam the rudder in the opposite direction scaring the crap out of her. She starts screaming and grabs the pilot wherever she can. Sometimes it is a great precursor to a great night....

I was flying with my brother once. He was being a little too quiet so I sucker punched him in the nose. Blood was everywhere, but man did I laugh!

i told my mother to watch the 3 little lights (marker beacons) on the dash and let me know if one of them lights cause we'll be introuble. soon enough passing over the dep. end they went off. she swears not to fly with me again.

i took a non flying friend of mine flying one time, he sat in the back of a 172r while my sister sat in the front.model with one of the comm. panels that you can switch to who can hear what and so on. i looked over at the tach and tap-ed on it saying "this doesnt look right" and other instruments and so on and so on. then reached up and turned the intercomm off. ya he didnt like that too much

Latest resources

Back