• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

In flight pranks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My first flying job was taking up jumpers in a 182 and 206. After being there a while, my boss had me go up with new pilots to "show them the ropes". Usually on the first or second flight I would have them open and close the door and I would spot the drop zone and give them heading corrections. That is when I would pretend to grab for the front of the door frame and miss and roll out the door(all of the pilots wore parachutes). I had been jumping for about a year before I was flying there, and would be wearing my sport rig and not the normal pilot safety parachute, but the new guys usually didn't know that.

The look on there face as I went out the door, and when I met them at the fuel farm on the ground were priceless. This is where I would usually say welcome to skydiving a$$hole.

The bad part is that isn't half as bad as what the jumpers would try to do to the FNG.

My favorite thing to do is called 'Fishing for Flight Attendants'

You take a roll of ACARS paper(with roller) and pass it through the cockpit door like youre handing the FA's the connecting gate info. When they pull on it, the roll never ends. The first time I was taught that game, the FA on board wasnt exactly the next MENSA candidate. So she pulled for a good while. I laughed so hard I was in tears.

One of our major hubs has several corner post entries. On a clear and busy night you can see the lights of airliners on the opposite arrival lined up like a string of brilliant pearls hanging in the sky. One time I was admiring them when the flight attendant came up. I said "Hey, look at those". She said "What are they?". I'm not always the sharpest crayon in the box, but even I could handle this one "Why, I don't know. I've never seen anything like those before!" Turning to the Captain, I said "Have you seen anything like this before?" He shook his head no. It didn't take long to convince the flight attendant we were seeing UFOs.

Latest resources

Back