In flight pranks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DX Rick said:
I was flying with my brother once. He was being a little too quiet so I sucker punched him in the nose. Blood was everywhere, but man did I laugh!
LMFAO!!!! hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! :D

Got suckered into the back of a 757 to check a "door air leak."
Of course it was actually my birthday, resulting in 30 pillows thrown at me and then 180+ pax singing "happy birthday".

The pax were all liquored up on the Barbados bound flight, so throwing pillows and signing wasn't a stretch.

It was still a nice suprise:D

In the Dornier Jet when the captain would go in the back to make his in range announcement to the people, he would go off comm 1. so as he was talking i used to pretend to get a radio call and start typing in the FMS scratchpad stuff like "dont say fu[k" or "b00bies" etc then grab him on the should like i just got a real important call from atc or something usually in mid sentence he'd look at the scratchpad. Great for a good laugh.

minitour said:
I was the "recipient" of a nice little joke once.

Doing some aerial photo work in a 172 with a friend of mine, we tried turning on the computer but it didn't work. So...while he flew, I had to crawl over the front seat, over the back seat, and reach into the cargo area to turn on the CUP...on the way back up...uh...lets just say I did some flying of my own. That's the last time I'll go w/o a seatbelt like that...geez...

-mini

Ya gotta love 350.:D

Me and a CFII buddy of mine about 15 yrs ago had Bullett head in the back seat asleep, so we gently climbed an bled off airspeed and pushed the nose full foreward putting Bullett on the ceiling screaming "are we out of gas", we still laugh are ass off on that one.

At one place I worked at I was flying with the boss in a T-182. The boss was flying and I was working the radios just for the fun of it. ATC calls out traffic and I lean forward looking for the traffic and scanning the sky through the window. While doing that I had my free hand in front of my chest putting gentle constant forward pressure on the yoke till I watched the boss keep applying corrective trim. I then leaned back, releasing the pressure and watching his reaction to the out of trim condition and started my chuckling.

Another time I was jumpseating on a Shorts 360. It was the FO's leg and he was pretty tired. I slid forward out of view of the FO and started moving the left rudder pedal back and forth waiting for his reaction. The Captain joined in the deception.

In a early PA-28, there was a bunch of us flying together. I had one of the guys point out the trim handle (located on the overhead), I had unzipped the access panel on the rear overhead and just gently pulled the trim cables back and forth causing the handle to move on it's own. I would stop and then a few minutes later do it again to keep the guy flying trying guess what was going on.

PAPA FOX! said:
I hope you are kidding. That is not fuc*ing funny at all. He could have easily been killed and your @ss would be locked up for a long time as well as the POS mechanics. The pilot should have noticed this during his before T.O. checklist id he were diligent. Come to think of it they SHOULD charge the mechanic with reckless endangerment and attempted invoulintary manslaughter and then charge you as an accessory.

LOL! That is funny...

One I've heard from the ATR world. The AC breaks at an outstation and they need to position it back to a maintenance base with no passengers. Unbeknownst to the FA's, there will also be two deadheading pilots on board (you can see where this is leading!)

Well in the ATR there is a cargo bay inbetween the cockpit and the front of the cabin with a door on either end. The pilots need to walk through the cargo bay to get to the cabin and use the lav. So the pilots all got together for this scam and had the two deadheading pilots sit in the cargo bay for takeoff. Finally in cruise, one of the pilots come back to use the lav and starts chatting with the FA's. No big deal...

A few minutes later another pilot comes back to the cabin and the FA's get a little freaked out then. "Who is flying the plane?" etc. The pilots say the plane is on autopilot and not to worry. The FA's ask what about radio calls? The pilots explain they'll just check on when they get back to see if they missed anything. The FA's then relax a bit.

Finally the FO decides to return to the cockpit, but upon reaching the forward cabin door he realizes it's "locked". He starts freaking out and wiggling the handle. The captain comes up and has no luck with it either. Right about then the plane starts banking and pitching and the captain says the autopilot must have disconnected! The FA's are freaking out at this point needless to say! So the captain decides to rush the door from about halfway back in the cabin and right before he hits it he stops and asks "Has anybody tried knocking?". He then knocks and one of the other pilots let them in.

Needless to say the pilots didn't get any "action" that night I'm sure!

LMFAO!!!! i think that is the funniest story so far.... :D

Yeah, we have these BRIGHT dome lights in the Falcon...

I pointed at the dome light (at night) and was like what the hell is that? What is wrong with that light?

Just as he starts to stare at the light....I turned it on.

OWNED!

But he always nails me with bright lights :(

Last edited:
PAPA FOX! said:
I hope you are kidding. That is not fuc*ing funny at all. He could have easily been killed and your @ss would be locked up for a long time as well as the POS mechanics. The pilot should have noticed this during his before T.O. checklist id he were diligent. Come to think of it they SHOULD charge the mechanic with reckless endangerment and attempted invoulintary manslaughter and then charge you as an accessory.

Bob Dole says you suck at the intraweb ;)

Latest resources

Back