• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im Ready, UNION AT FLEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't make myself clear. They're banding together in support of KR and his ideas.

We don't change their views we'll all be headed for a Dedicated Crew.

Ok gotcha. We had the same problem at FO during the organizing campaign. The very senior guys got theirs, so it's hard to convince them you have an overall problem. Problem for them is they are out numbered and get out voted in the end.

Looks like the top of the seniority list is gonna screw us. They're starting to band together and voice their support for Flex in the interest of self-preservation.

Man I feel stabbed in the back by some of our pilots. You ********************ing work your ass off for a company to succeed and your reward is: "if you don't like the coming changes, then leave!".

These are the same idiot pilots who tell everyone to read "who moved my cheese". I'm so sick of hearing about the damned book. If they want to work for a "delta elite" type company, then go!

Back stabbing pilots?! Say "it ain't so"! As for KR, he doesn't care if you leave. He wants you to leave and hire someone at year 1 on the scale. A union can't save this place now. If we would have organized a few years back, we might of stood a chance to keep this a great place to work. Personally, I think it's high time we went. Plenty of people hiring and no shortage of work out there. Best of luck to all.

I didn't make myself clear. They're banding together in support of KR and his ideas.

We don't change their views we'll all be headed for a Dedicated Crew.

Too late el. The Flex pilots let that happen, and now the FO pilots get to bypass the seniority system??? He is dividing your pilots. Wait for the next chapter.

Oh, just be quiet, Kenn!!

Really. I'm on your side numnuts. Was just trying to point out that by keeping the union away isn't going to keep there salarys. Those are going away no matter what. But we can negotiate a improved contract with work rules and job protections that can't be taken away by an email.

That's the problem with people like you your always trying to slam somebody.

Hearing from friends at flexjet that the senior guys are opposing a union. Was told that they are protesting the loudest. Any truth to that?

Joining IBT not mandatory for representation

Here's a bit of info that some might not be aware of:

The 1108 is what is known as an "agency" shop, not a "closed" or "union" shop. This means that even if the 1108 is voted in at Flex, you are not individually required to join the Teamsters, but by law, you still receive all the same rights and privileges as members, except you can't run for offices.

I am not recommending that you not join; it seems pointless to be just a "hanger-on" and not help your fellow pilots out. However, if you have a co-worker who refuses to send in his or her card because he or she is stuck on the whole "Teamsters are evil" myth, pointing that fact out might help nudge that person in the right direction.

Here at Options we have pilots who have started out as non members then have gotten in hot water with the Company and had their bacon saved by Union representation. Afterward, when they realized how those "evil" Teamster stewards and/or lawyers saved their jobs, they decided to join and become productive members of the 1108 community.

Wishing the best for all of us

FA

Hearing from friends at flexjet that the senior guys are opposing a union. Was told that they are protesting the loudest. Any truth to that?

A few of the 604/605 guys wanna sit back and let KR play ball with the company and hope for the best.

They have been at FJ for 18-20 yrs and under the previous AMR/Bombardier management its the best job they have ever had. Most, if not all, are career Pt135 guys who have never worked under any type of Union.

They are a small minority who don't have a clue about what's on the horizon for us without some type of protection.

Its funny how most of the mid level guys who came up thru the regionals are totally on board with bringing the 1108 on property.........maybe we know something the senior guys don't...

Last edited:
Really. Was just trying to point out that by keeping the union away isn't going to keep there salarys. Those are going away no matter what. But we can negotiate a improved contract with work rules and job protections that can't be taken away by an email.

It is this mentality that gives everyone at FJ cause for concern. FJ is making more money than every even at our "crazy rates", so why do I have to give up salary to protect a crappy job.

Paying protection money to those that would threaten us reminds me of the mob.
Paying Kenn for protection from Kenn is a losing game. He's already shown he will out maneuver the contract when he feels like it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back