• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm Here Doing It...at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wasn't me. I gave him the 30 days, then he wouldn't lay off the PM's to the other mods and they did it while I was out flying.

Our prayers to the MODs have been answered and we have been delivered from EVIL. Thank the MODs, All Praise The MODs!!!

I pray the MODs can prevent his unholy return.

Yes, DelphinDriver is correct. I haven't had time to respond. I'm an FO at Avantair, I enjoy my job, I have a life outside of FI, and I couldn't imagine doing anything else than flying airplanes. There will come a day where I will be forced to give up flying. I might be furloughed, fired, or let go from Avantair. The same can happen if I ever left for another job, or my health could go south. I didn't like my previous employers, but I loved the job. I look back on those jobs and am glad those days are behind me, but I still have pride in what I've done. We as pilots really do have the coolest job. There have been days where I've regretted the decisions of this career choice. On those days, I have no one to blame but myself because it was MY choice. But those days only make up about 1%. We are all underpaid and overworked, but we also have the most fun.

To the union question - if things ever got as bad as FLOPS then yes, we would need a union. However, our management treats us well and our Pilot Advisory Committee does a fantastic job. Currently, there is no need to be paying dues to a union at this company.

What does it matter if I'm single or married. I still love this job. It was my choice to work 7 days on and be away from home. It works out great for some, for some not so great.

Now I will close with my thanks - Thanks Cherry20's for your support. See everyone, FO's love their job too. Good luck to you and it's always nice to hear another person who loves his job.
Thanks to my fellow coworkers - DelphinDriver, C425Driver, Glasspilot, Mainiac, Hazmat, Wacoflyer, and Hangarrat. I've always enjoyed each of your posts and for representing our company.
Thanks to the Mods for banning BTDI. This thread has served a good purpose and the FI world is better for it.

Yes, DelphinDriver is correct. I haven't had time to respond. I'm an FO at Avantair, I enjoy my job, I have a life outside of FI, and I couldn't imagine doing anything else than flying airplanes. There will come a day where I will be forced to give up flying. I might be furloughed, fired, or let go from Avantair. The same can happen if I ever left for another job, or my health could go south. I didn't like my previous employers, but I loved the job. I look back on those jobs and am glad those days are behind me, but I still have pride in what I've done. We as pilots really do have the coolest job. There have been days where I've regretted the decisions of this career choice. On those days, I have no one to blame but myself because it was MY choice. But those days only make up about 1%. We are all underpaid and overworked, but we also have the most fun.

To the union question - if things ever got as bad as FLOPS then yes, we would need a union. However, our management treats us well and our Pilot Advisory Committee does a fantastic job. Currently, there is no need to be paying dues to a union at this company.

What does it matter if I'm single or married. I still love this job. It was my choice to work 7 days on and be away from home. It works out great for some, for some not so great.

Now I will close with my thanks - Thanks Cherry20's for your support. See everyone, FO's love their job too. Good luck to you and it's always nice to hear another person who loves his job.
Thanks to my fellow coworkers - DelphinDriver, C425Driver, Glasspilot, Mainiac, Hazmat, Wacoflyer, and Hangarrat. I've always enjoyed each of your posts and for representing our company.
Thanks to the Mods for banning BTDI. This thread has served a good purpose and the FI world is better for it.

You got rid of BTDI in under three posts, we shall dub the "the hitman". Now I challenge you to get rid of General Lee, I say you can do it in under 10 posts

How do you like those day 7's on the opposite coast when the mother ship doesn't get you home??

How do you like those day 7's on the opposite coast when the mother ship doesn't get you home??

Are you referring to the extra 650.00 bucks overtime for going home the next morning after most likely sleeping in a Hilton bed, collecting points and pocketing the miles on the way home? It's all in how you perceive your situation. And I am married.

Latest resources

Back