• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm a New Hire!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im driving a sunfire right now but not for any pizzaline. I have not used mine for any commercial purposes though. I wonder if I can contract it to a pizza line? I have a lot of hours in type as I will be the main operator of it.

Toneal, you need to be VERY careful. The FFA (Fast Food Administration) could look upon this as an illegal Part 135 operation. I dont mean to bust your bubble, but it's not worth risking a potential career with a major like Pizza Hut, Pappa John,s or even Dominos over this kind of thing.

On another note, how long do y'all think it will take for Archer to start asking the difference between scheduled, on-demand, and private pizza, and if he could get a job just delivering personal pan pizzas because he isnt interested in the big stuff?

(dont take this too personally Archer, just having fun)

Well, Archer can deliver personal pizzas, but it has to be on a scooter and only during daylight hours.

Toneal,

You could establish a run, the FFA requires a 135 certificate and you'll have to do proving runs, this may be accomplished in any four wheel, engine driven delivery car (even a trainer like the Hugo). You are required to do 4 runs, and must show the ability to dever 8 pizzas , toppings undesturbed, with an 80% sccess rate. One run has to be done between the hour after sunset and the hour before sunrise to have the "daytime only" restriction lifted from the certificate.

The night runs should be no problem, since most unscheduled pizzas are delivered between 7:00PM and 11:00 PM local time.

Also, there is currency for drivers. Some drivers deliver primarily during daylight hours, and only occaisionally at night. They need three P/U's and deliveries during the previous 90 days between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise in order to act as DIC.

This is getting out of hand...I heard a guy at a local PJ got his ticket pulled by the PSA because they smelled pizza on his breath and felt he was a threat to the pizza...

Last edited:
surfnole-

So now PJ isn't a MAJOR!? Sure we use smaller equipment and only do point to point service in flooded markets, but we are making money, which is more than I can say for Ceasars!

Sorry for the harsh words, I think it gets frustrating as really we are all just biding our time until a coveted Schwanns route opens up. But that's a whole new thread.

PDSA

Pizza Drivers Unite!!

We must get guns in the delivery vehicles! Hardend doors and increased security by the Pizza Security Agency(PSA) is not enough. We must have the right to defend ourselves and our pizzas. Please go to the Pizza Delivery Security Alliance website and help out!

Please! Support the PDSA!

When will people realize that we are the last line of defense between our pizzas and stoned, hungry teenagers.

And PJ, although not a major, is the largest regional delivery operator. They have the most routes and the highest salary. Although 80% of their revenue comes from driving Pizza Hut routes, and with the uncertain status of PH, Papa John's could be at risk of going under. PH is looking at other lower cost delivery services as part of their recovery plan.

Anyone else from the 2/10 interview

Just got the call from the PPD (Pizza People Dept.) saying I made through the interview and am now being placed in the PDP (Pizza Driver Pool). No official word as to how many of us are actually swimming in the sauce but rumor has it that I'm unofficially #3987. So at that rate (if the class size stays at 100/month) I just might make it to the promise land by the end of the year.

I am one happy driver, I just got out of my first IPDDC (Initial Pizza Defensive Driving Course), and I got to tell ya, it aint no cake walk.

I mean you had to do PPAIII (Precision Pizza Approches) down to 1/8 mi., Interior light inop approaches, Cell Phone survailence navigation, and to top it all off, I was missing a cylinder! All this mind you was in the actual equipment, not a simulator like some other cheap programs use.

It was hard work, but I did it, I finally can log some quality time I have been so despately waiting for, the future is bright.

If anybody need gouge for the ride, PM me.

All of you aspiring to do this, keep your heads up and keep forging ahead, I'm proof that dreams do come true.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Wow, interior lighting inop, and they had a cylinder not firing!!! Thats the dreaded checkride from he!!.

I hope they don't give that ride to me, although I think mine is in the full motion AC344 (Accord Simulator) I just hope they don't fail the rearview mirror, or the infamous "hot chick" that distracts you, had a budy bust his ride for that one.

Latest resources

Back