I'm a New Hire!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was laid off today

I arrived at work promptly at 5 PM as sheduled and my boss met me at the door as I came in.

I was required to give up me apron, my hat, and my hot n fresh bag. They didn't give me any reason, just said orders were down and revenue had not been up to what they expected.

I've had full loads of pizza for the last few weeks but they claim in order to compete they had to drop the price so far that even with a full load they are still losing money.

I said well why not put on less cheese or fewer toppings. No, that wouldn't do apparently since PH already has 25% larger toppings and zestier sauce. Bastards.

As I drove away I saw a little mexican getting into the delivery truck with my apron on. He looked familiar. I'm pretty sure I saw him mopping the floors late at night at the store a couple weeks ago. I doubt he has the quals but he may have been going to school during the day or moonlighting somewhere else, who knows?

All I know is they said they'd call me back when things improve...but I'm not holding my breath. I have contacted ALPAD (America's Licensed Pizza Availability Drivers) to report this situation. Maybe they can help.

I have just inked a deal with the driver group over here at Freedom Sky Delivery. I got them to sign a great concessionary contract that will eliminate most all of your current jobs. It was an easy sell to the driver group. Freedom Sky Delivery has just placed an order for 150 (with options on another 100) Dodge 1500 Ex-Cab. That's right boys and girls, they will all be sporting a Hemi under the hood. Man, I get chills when I think of the sheer volume of pizza's these trucks will deliver with the cheap labor behind the wheel. All the major pizza companies will be trying like mad to get out of their current scope. So to all you drivers that have found that most other outfits are furloughing or not hiring, come on over to Freedom Sky Delivery.

Latest resources

Back