I'm a New Hire!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vote down the HCDC

I've been sick of swimming in the pool for a Civic class and finally got an interview with a mainline pizza delivery place. They operate Accords, all drivers get typed, and they are ALPDO ( the Association for Line Pizza Delivery Operators.)

So don't stand for HCDC, otherwise some of us will lose our Accord driving jobs.

Plus the Accord is easier to drive. I heard there was a high washout rate in the last Civic class.

This is ridiculous...people talking about Civics and Accords on here....we should all be more worried about the Low Cost Carriers with their Kias (some of the less reputable ones even lease used Yugos)!

serious question

I am currently making $25 a week as a flight instructor. So I think I would like to break into the pizza industry.
I have a little over 2000 hours in a 91 ford probe, excellent driving record, and 5 years familiarity driving in the local area. My problem is that I have state farm insurence and was told that they won't allow pizza delivery, despite my current CFI insurence. what good (cheap) insurence can I get that allows pizza delivery? at papa johns what kinda bid schedule did you get with your low seniority?

There are no insurance companies who will cover you while delivering. Carry a sweatshirt to put on over your uniform if something happens and REFUSE to put a sign on your car. It amazes me the amount of hours uninsured pizza drivers put on the road without causing a major stink.

As long as I'm on my pizza delivery driver soapbox, everyone send me $35 and I'll start the union.

p.s. Allstate might cover you for much higher premiums if you have no outside logos displayed on the vehicle. They used to do this in my area, but stopped. Maybe it's not that way everywhere, but I can't get insurance to cover me while I deliver.

Last edited:
Oh, and I almost forgot, I heard Domino's has options on several thousand hybrid vehicles, which they intend to staff with foreign cab drivers.

Hey man, I thought you were already in the Pizza Hut pool. I have a buddy that works in the training dept and says they are planning on hiring about 300 drivers this year. Will you stay with PJ or bail for PH when they spin up hiring again? By the way, does anyone have the free pizza benefits plan for each? I've been looking all over and can't find them.

PS, Wiggums and Ty Webb, this is supposed to be a fun thread, leave the guy alone.

PJ's

Can anyone tell me what kind of benefits you get at PJ's? Can my family eat for free? Is there a Buddy Pie we can get and if so does it apply to Deep Dish as well?

I think all you guys are messed up if you even think about the PFT route for this job, and especially for the SIC program.

Down with the HCDC.

Any info on time to upgrade?

Most of the Civic drivers I know say that there is a stigma about the 'straight headlights' and their handling characteristics vs. the 'swept headlights' of the Accord. :eek:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back