Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If you weren't a pilot, what would you do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Before I became a CFI, I drove tractor trailers to pay for my flying. The work was fun and I made a lot of money. I am unemployed right now thanks to ATP. I am trying to decide if I want to go back to driving to earn $20,000 to go to helicopter school, or just hold out and get another CFI job to complete my time building. As a truck driver you can make about $65,000 per year if you run 48 states. I want to be home every night so I will make about $40,000 per year.

WX man- because you dont have to be good at it. It might rain or it might not.

Or a full time stay at home DAD. Wish my wife made enough money. Nothing better than spending time with my son.

Maybe real estate if doesnt pop.

bizijet said:
Before I became a CFI, I drove tractor trailers to pay for my flying. The work was fun and I made a lot of money. I am unemployed right now thanks to ATP. I am trying to decide if I want to go back to driving to earn $20,000 to go to helicopter school, or just hold out and get another CFI job to complete my time building. As a truck driver you can make about $65,000 per year if you run 48 states. I want to be home every night so I will make about $40,000 per year.
If you're not too embarassed to fly a single engine turboprop, why don't you come join us at one of the feeders? Depending on where you live and what feeder operates in that area, there may be a freight run that you could live with until things get better in the 121 world.

I don't know what your 4,000 hours is comprised of, but I'm sure you meet the mins.

Latest resources

Back