Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If you weren't a pilot, what would you do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B-J-J Fighter said:
Firefighter for me. I'm working on my EMT part time right now 2 more qtrs to go and I will be finished with my EMT-I.
That's awesome...keep at it.

Cheeseburger Expert.

Hitman.

Sniper.

coolyokeluke said:
Before the bubble bursts, right? Not that aviation is a safe place to be hiding.

That statement just shows how much you know about RE, having a bubble has nothing to do with if you are successful in it or not.

Ever hear of renting until the property is paid off?

Then you have a free house, get it?

You are talking about flipping houses which can be very risky and profitable, I prefer safe sure bets, so I rent with 20% of my portfolio flipping.

TDTURBO said:
That statement just shows how much you know about RE, having a bubble has nothing to do with if you are successful in it or not.

You are talking about flipping houses which can be very risky and profitable, I prefer safe sure bets, so I rent with 20% of my portfolio flipping.
My mom's houses are just about paid off...they aren't mansions, but they are worth something.

TDTURBO said:

How does a low paid loser like myself get money to start doing this?

Groundpounder said:
How does a low paid loser like myself get money to start doing this?

Define loser.

To me it equals a divorce to someone that makes more than you, have more than 2 kids, no savings because you had to have the latest and greatest fasion, ipod, computer, car or any other depreciating asset first. If you meet these criteria, good luck.

Otherwise, if you have decent credit above 650, you can get a 5% down loan and actually get money back at closing. Talk to a real estate freind or mortgage broker. You will be surprised how easy it is to get a house and rent it, all the while clearing 150+/mo.

cforst513 said:
i have a B.S. in biology. i'd consider several things:
Get my masters and be a high school biology teacher
Get my Ph.D. and teach in college
Go to either dentistry school or become an RN (spare the Gaylord Fokker jokes. male nurses have their choice of pay and where to go. they're a much sought-after commodity).

hopefully this flying thing works out!

My friend is a male registered nurse....he is 25 and makes around $60-$70K! Right now he is a travel nurse and can choose where he wants to do 3-6 month assignments..he can work at hospitals temporarily in south florida, texas (nice areas like Austin, Dallas suburbs, Houston suburbs), san diego, la, and other parts of souther cali. Not to mention San fran bay area, and scenic areas of the country as well. Also to top it off he can do assignments in Hawaii! They agency that assigns him these temp nursing jobs pays him $40/hr, gets an agency issued car, and gets his rent payed for at nice apartment complexes in whatever area he works. He just pays for gas, food, and other spending money. Its super sweet!

i'm not getting paid to fly...yet!!! but in a month or so i'll be swimming in hundreds as a flight instructor!!!! if i didn't quit my last job for this dream i'd definitely still be in the insurance/medical field hating my life other then pay day. now i'll hate pay day....but love my job. ain't life he::?

Latest resources

Back