If You Love 4 Days......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
STRESS

Stress from the pressure of everyday living can impair pilot performance, often in very subtle ways. Difficulties, particularly at work, can occupy thought processes enough to markedly decrease alertness. Distraction can so interfere with judgment that unwarranted risks are taken, such as flying into deteriorating weather conditions to keep on schedule. Stress and fatigue can be an extremely hazardous combination.

Sound familiar?

Last edited:
Straight up the tailpipe!

Ya'll know what to do.

I totally agree with an earlier post about doing favors..... We totally carry this turd bucket company for these clowns! This needs to stop!!!!!!

-Just do your job, do no favors and look carefully to make sure your aircraft is 100% safe!

-We can send one straight up their tailpipe if everyone does all this for even one day!

I agree. Now tell that to all the zealots who seem to think it will. We have a very vocal minority here that seems to think having ALPA will clear up all these little nasty things that go on. Just reading this thread is proof positive that it won't, can't, hasn't, etc.

Of course we have tons of 4 days, but when I was a senior FO I did nothing but awesome 2 days, locals, standups.

but I guess we suck and should be like everyone else and 'nut up' and 'join the club.' whatever

Dear SkyNation

How does it feel to be HATED EVERYWHERE you go?

How does it feel to not be able to look in the eyes of any other pilots as you walk through the terminals because they all think you are scum?

I would rather work for ASA so I can at least walk through the airport and be able to say "hello" to other airline crews because we actually get RESPECT!

ALPA never had and never will have anything to do with line construction. As long as they are legal, what the heck does ALPA have to do with it. That is just another lame excuse for all you PUKES to use against ALPA.

And the next time one of your crews leaves in the hotel van without waiting for us I swear to God I will be pounding on your door when I get to the hotel for a face to face.

Keep drinking the Kool-aid skywest....cuz yours is coming. What goes around comes around.

My father always taught me that life was all about respect! And you have NONE!

You guys can trash Scott all you want. But he has a tough line to walk. While he is here to to walk the companies side of the aisle, he still takes the time to explain the best he can. I watched the guy stand in recurrent and raked over the coals by just about everyone, yet he still comes and in and attempts to convey information. And you don't see him getting riled up while it is happening.

Say what you want about him. I don't like what is happening right now either. At least we have a CP who is willing to show and take the missiles and barbed comments to keep folks in the loop.

You guys can trash Scott all you want. But he has a tough line to walk. While he is here to to walk the companies side of the aisle, he still takes the time to explain the best he can. I watched the guy stand in recurrent and raked over the coals by just about everyone, yet he still comes and in and attempts to convey information. And you don't see him getting riled up while it is happening.

Say what you want about him. I don't like what is happening right now either. At least we have a CP who is willing to show and take the missiles and barbed comments to keep folks in the loop.
Holy $hit man! PLEASE put down the crack pipe before your burn your hands really badly (its pretty obvious you've already blown your mind!).

Thats just a little bit dumber of a statement than saying JR keeps telling me we're going to be released after THIS round of negotiations (really, this time, I just know it) so it must be true.

Dammit man, just da mn!

Scott Hall's latest email on ourasa said:
By now most of you have seen the September schedules and have asked questions about the pairings and bid lines. Specifically some of you have asked, “What happened??, these are the worst pairings and lines ever”. When I originally sent you an email about the September schedules on July 29, I knew there were going to be struggles for the computer pairing program to meet your expectations and ours.
There are a few things that have caused the situation we are in today from where we were in September 2006 or even last month. The schedule file from Delta every month is different and forces ASA to create new pairing solutions for almost every week of every month. This was the case in September as the first week in September had flying gutted from it due to the Labor Day holiday schedule. Every week in September is different as we are moved in and out of markets, we will fly to some markets on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Comair (or insert another DCI carrier) will fly on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday is a whole new carrier, we don’t have the frequency in the market like we have had in the past and finally there are markets in September that are a CRJ200 on one day, a CRJ700 at the same time the next day and then either switch to the CRJ200 or an ATR the next day and so on. Delta continues to match aircraft to the marketplace and is doing more day of the week scheduling in order to maximize revenue which is understandable.
We also have had 6000 hours pulled from the schedule in September from what we were flying in August. One of the goals for September was to reduce the number of reduced rest overnights and an overall reduction in the scheduled duty hours in a day. Crew Planning was asked to plan trips at a minimum of 10:30 hours in an outstation if at all possible and reduce scheduled duty days to 12-13 hours. We have pushed too many of you to long duty days and then short overnights. Understand your time at home is important but we also must ease off your long days and short overnights. ATL is a challenging airport and we have taken too many hits with crew delays in the mornings in outstations due to crew rest issues or cancellations due to crews timing out. IROP situations on one day flow down into the next two or three at times due to crew rest issues.
All pairing optimizer programs are programmed to make the most efficient pairings possible. They are built on pure mathematical computations that grind out the best overall solution. We asked AOS to help in September with minimizing the number of reduced rest overnights. The program generated a lot of four day trips since they are the most productive overall. Now I know some of you are not convinced. But think of it like this, the computer is trying to use the least number of crews overall for the month or any given day. For every four day trip created, the overall trip days to be covered in a month are less than if you had more three and two day trips. Meaning for every four day trip that is broken apart, it takes one three day and one two day trip to cover the same amount of flying. I will be happy to explain this more in my recurrent class visits because some of this needs to be white boarded out and also give you the opportunity to challenge me on the concepts. It is easier to explain with diagrams than words. I will also spend time with anyone about this on my Friday visits in the crew lounge. The entire Crew Planning department is in New York this week receiving further training on the system. We plan to spend some time with Delta to see if there are ways to reduce the number of market in/outs we do to stabilize the schedules more. I appreciate your feedback and October will have to be a month that we do better on your schedules.
Scott

So Scott's blaming Delta. How original. But he's "happy" to challenge anyone on the issue in recurrent. Get 'em boys!

I found two legit write-ups this morning after my walk around but the captain said we'll wait till we get back to ATL. We don't want to screw the next crew he said. I said it's been 5 years they've been screwed so far. I think if we all ban together we'll get this over with very quickly. He just wanted to get home. Very sad indeed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back