• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If You Love 4 Days......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guess SH is trying to motivate ALPA to give in on our contract demands. Old technique, been tried before. We'll suck it up SH, and do your crappy lines. But, this won't change our demand for a fair contract.

Hoser

I think the companys goal is to piss off the really senior dudes that have been here for a long time that don't want to leave because they have a great schedule with 16-18 days off a month. Even though the whole atmosphere here really sucks right now(for about the last 3 years really), they stick it out because great QOL when you are senior as far as schedules. With September, unless you are in the top 10 out of 400+, your gonna only have about 12 days off and some crap ass 4 day. Company trying to get these guys and gals to move on so they can get some junior people who are cheaper in there instead.

Kidding aside, I'm sure the real reason is, its most likely a combination of Delta's scheduling, the animosity toward the pilot group, the fact that we have no say in line construction and the fact that no one really gives a crap how many days off we have other than us and our families.

However if a by prouduct of these new lines is that some really senior people quit and move on, I'm sure mgm't won't lose any sleep over paying a replacement less.

Last edited:
Guess SH is trying to motivate ALPA to give in on our contract demands. Old technique, been tried before. We'll suck it up SH, and do your crappy lines. But, this won't change our demand for a fair contract.

Hoser

Yeah, you tell him H.

And if he thinks PBS is coming his way, he keeps telling people in the GO it is, we have another suprise for him.

I think the companys goal is to piss off the really senior dudes that have been here for a long time that don't want to leave because they have a great schedule with 16-18 days off a month. Even though the whole atmosphere here really sucks right now(for about the last 3 years really), they stick it out because great QOL when you are senior as far as schedules. With September, unless you are in the top 10 out of 400+, your gonna only have about 12 days off and some crap ass 4 day. Company trying to get these guys and gals to move on so they can get some junior people who are cheaper in there instead.

I'm sure it's most likely a combination of Delta's scheduling, the animosity toward the pilot group and the fact that we have no say in line construction and no one really gives a crap how many days off we have other than us and our families.

Learn how the game is played. It's all SH and his sticky fingers.

Looking at those lines just put to rest any reservations I had about upgrading.

Heck yea man. I just got the awards and I'm with you! Might as well be a captain and get paid nearly double and get some PIC time. Gonna have about the same schedule as a senior FO anyways.....

I've been at ASA for 3 years and I'm in the top 15% of FOs. I have never posted about how bad the lines are but this month (Sept) takes the cake. Out of 360ish lines, one line with 3 day trips and the rest are 4 days and naps. Thats not all. I've been doing 4 day trips for about a year and I've been able to get lines that duty in around 2PM on Mon. or Tues. and duty out at around 3PM on Thurs or Fri (About 73 hours away from base). But Sept. there are only 4 lines out of 360 that all four days duty in after noon and get back before 6 PM. The average total time away from base in Sept is around 83 hours each four day trip! That is insane. I've had my upgrade papers in for 6 months and I'm 90% sure I'll get the upgradee this month. Thank heavens because this is complete B.S. I know this is whining but I wish you all could see these lines. Gotta love ASA.

I have to laugh. Recall when it was announced he was hired here how all those Chi Express pilots heaped praise on him? Didn't fool those of us that have been here awhile. I still haven't spoken to him whenever I see him.

Hoser

PSA's Managment spent "Millions" of dollars on scheduling software and our trips are the crap. Makes you wonder how they can keep their jobs spending so much money on junk software. Unbelievable

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back