• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If You Love 4 Days......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The lines will always be bad when there is a pilot shortage. Well, not really a pilot shortage but a shortage of pilots willing to be paid crappy wages.

I have to laugh. Recall when it was announced he was hired here how all those Chi Express pilots heaped praise on him? Didn't fool those of us that have been here awhile. I still haven't spoken to him whenever I see him.

Hoser

Look up "micro-management" in the websters and you will see SH's picture.

I think the companys goal is to piss off the really senior dudes that have been here for a long time that don't want to leave because they have a great schedule with 16-18 days off a month. Even though the whole atmosphere here really sucks right now(for about the last 3 years really), they stick it out because great QOL when you are senior as far as schedules. With September, unless you are in the top 10 out of 400+, your gonna only have about 12 days off and some crap ass 4 day. Company trying to get these guys and gals to move on so they can get some junior people who are cheaper in there instead.

Kidding aside, I'm sure the real reason is, its most likely a combination of Delta's scheduling, the animosity toward the pilot group, the fact that we have no say in line construction and the fact that no one really gives a crap how many days off we have other than us and our families.

However if a by prouduct of these new lines is that some really senior people quit and move on, I'm sure mgm't won't lose any sleep over paying a replacement less.

Remember when Scott sent out the memo about the max duty time being 13 hours, and the min rest being 10.5 hours? Well, the net result is no 3 day trips.

They didn't do this to piss off the pilot group. They set those criteria to help out scheduling when they have an IROP day. People time out when they are on 14 hour duty days. And schedules get messed up for 3 days straight after and IROP day when the rest periods are less than 9-10 hours.

It should be interesting if he shows up at recurrent this month. I wish I could be there. Have those questions ready to go and listen carefully to his response.

Remember when Scott sent out the memo about the max duty time being 13 hours, and the min rest being 10.5 hours? Well, the net result is no 3 day trips.

They didn't do this to piss off the pilot group. They set those criteria to help out scheduling when they have an IROP day. People time out when they are on 14 hour duty days. And schedules get messed up for 3 days straight after and IROP day when the rest periods are less than 9-10 hours.

Nonetheless, I will be taking meal breaks at every appropriate time of day, refusing every aircraft I can legitimately refuse, and writing up every maintenance discrepancy I can find... at the outstation, no matter how minor. My FO for September is a lucky guy. I will be doing all the walkarounds for the month. I urge every other Captain to do the same.

ASA pilots... your immediate boss has just spit in your face by allowing these lines to be published. I urge you to piss right back in his.

The silver lining I can find in the September schedule is that it may, just may, piss everyone off enough that they will actually do what it necessary to finish this contract.

Roll on two and no flex... no calls to the company on your cell phones... no "we'll write it up when we get back to Atlanta"... And I'll kindly remind everyone that if you happen to do the walkaround with the spoilers deployed and happen to find a broken grounding strap then that is a no-go item. If the ADG placard happens to come off on the way to the outstation, that is also a no go item.

Are you pissed off yet, guys and girls???

I don't recall hearing that ALPA could get us better lines built. So keep on with your false innuendo.

I agree. Now tell that to all the zealots who seem to think it will. We have a very vocal minority here that seems to think having ALPA will clear up all these little nasty things that go on. Just reading this thread is proof positive that it won't, can't, hasn't, etc.

Of course we have tons of 4 days, but when I was a senior FO I did nothing but awesome 2 days, locals, standups.

but I guess we suck and should be like everyone else and 'nut up' and 'join the club.' whatever

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back