• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If/When Spirit Strikes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spirit and Airtran..... shut Florida down. Little Susie, the princess can go to Disney next year.....

Spirit can NOT shut FL down. It will take SWAPA, APA, ALPA and the Teamsters. If you can arrange for every pilot group to refuse our struck work, we will all win. Until then, in our deregulated world, strikes only give up market share.

I support our strike if called, but I believe we have more power when our hands are on the parking break, specifically because we can't stop our competitors from flying our routes.

Downside

Spirit can NOT shut FL down. It will take SWAPA, APA, ALPA and the Teamsters. If you can arrange for every pilot group to refuse our struck work, we will all win. Until then, in our deregulated world, strikes only give up market share.

I support our strike if called, but I believe we have more power when our hands are on the parking break, specifically because we can't stop our competitors from flying our routes.
You mean there could be a down side to a strike? BTW Love seeing the Ford tractor back in action.

You mean there could be a down side to a strike?

Not for you....You could just jump in there and fly those struck routes! You'd be a shoe in!:laugh::laugh:

BTW Love seeing the Ford tractor back in action.

Probably goes really well with your 54 Ford T'bird which you were driving during the "good old days."

Then do it......

That showed you

Not for you....You could just jump in there and fly those struck routes! You'd be a shoe in!:laugh::laugh:

Probably goes really well with your 54 Ford T'bird which you were driving during the "good old days."
young wipper snappers think they know everything, as per above never was a 54 T-bird, showed you didn't it. BTW I did have a 1954 Ford Convertible Red, white top, 361 Cu In Edsel Engine, 3-2 barrels, dual glass packs with Lake pipes, 0-60 in five seconds, it had a 1955 T-Bird steering wheel, dual bullet spot lights and 1957 Plymouth hub caps. Awesome car

USA Jet = downhill ever since they got rid of Porky (who didn't even do what they thought he did) He took the blame for several, cus he is a good dude.

Then do it......

Raise the Red Flags! A general strike like in the old days of Tsarist Russia! Do you really think pilots at Southwest who are weathering this storm quite well, or guys at American who are about to go through another round of furloughs are going to accept the call of what amounts to a general strike to help a bunch of guys at a small cut rate discount airline get a better contract? Are you serious? Do you plan to to leave work and walk the picket line with them? I mean really, not on your day off or a vactaion day, thats easy and makes no real statement, but on a scheduled workday, leave to show solidarity with your Spirit brothers. Let me guess you will do it only if everyone else does it too. So much for leadership.

Raise the Red Flags! A general strike .............solidarity with your Spirit brothers. Let me guess you will do it only if everyone else does it too. So much for leadership.
Hey stop that, this is FI we do not deal in reality. Reality is no fun

Hey stop that, this is FI we do not deal in reality. Reality is no fun

You're right. You deal in substandard wages, flying, equipment, and treatment of your employees.
With 8000+ posts, it's no wonder your company is such a piece of ********************! Instead of making usajet a better place to work, you sit and write about what could have been...............................

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back