If I wanted to phase out ASA....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Andy,

You don't understand the contract or the Railway Labor Act. Please spend your time familiarizing yourself with both before you try to enlighten yourself or others by submitting your speculative scenarios. Once you become somewhat familiar, then you will see why some of the things you suggest cannot happen. You will also see why ASA has a bright future as an independent company....

What have I said that indicates my lack of understanding of the RLA? Indeed, I asked what I was missing and I was reminded of the provision to either limit aircraft transfers or offer transfers to SkyWest Airlines for position losses above a certain level.

So what is in the RLA that will limit the scenario I presented? What is in the contract beyond what has already been discussed?

I have no dispute at all with the rest of your post.

what Monkey said.

do well, grow in IAD for UEX when Mesa gets the boot. that's what I'm hoping for y'all.

I'm investing full time now. I maintain diverse interests including a featured role in Ray Cooney's It Runs In The Family as Dr Hubert Bonney in community theater next January. Enjoying life and financial freedom. [Thanks Utah Pilot].

....and you?

Wow, so much going on in your life, but you have time to come on here and sh!t on ASA pilots...what a trooper!

You are 'the RUNS' in said production...

It's exactly what ASA needs. It reminds me a little of the Paul "Bear" Bryant when he first took over the Head Coaching job at Alabama. Alabama was a complete mess with no discipline. The rest is history on how that great man revived a great tradition (that was for you Hoser). I hope Mr. Holt walks in and starts to LEAD. I will be behind him 100% if he can do it. It won't be easy, but if ASA is ridiculously profitable now, imagine how it will look when it starts to perform.

Trojan[/quote]

Happy days!!!

Also, Coach Fran got FIRED!!! Scumbag sumb!tch...

Now, seriously, the Bear was the greatest college football coach in history. Ever was, ever will be. That being said, ASA is a totally different organization than a collegiate football team.

IMHO, The CEO that has success at ASA will have the pilots on his side. The one(s) that fail, will make enemies of the pilot group. We don't need Dr. Phil, but we do need someone to work with the pilot group, not against it. I don't think that the pilots would oppose someone who does the job well, regardless of periodic disagreements.

What have I said that indicates my lack of understanding of the RLA? Indeed, I asked what I was missing and I was reminded of the provision to either limit aircraft transfers or offer transfers to SkyWest Airlines for position losses above a certain level.

So what is in the RLA that will limit the scenario I presented? What is in the contract beyond what has already been discussed?

I have no dispute at all with the rest of your post.

So why the he11 come on here in the first place spouting off your plan or idea on how to eliminate ASA??!?!?!?! What do you have to gain from this? How do you think ASA pilots will receive your post? What is the point?

Why don't you just title the post...'My idea on , how 1700 pilots, 1000 Flight Attendants and 200 mechanics can lose their jobs and livelihood, and ther ability to pay their bills and feed their families! Woo hoo! How exciting! I am Andy Neill, and here is my plan for thousands of people to lose their jobs! Aint I smart!!!
You are an unbelievable douchbag!

PM me and I'll tell you my name if you think that makes you so responsible. Maybe by then I'll have my plan on 'How to phase Andy Neill out of his job'!!!

So why the he11 come on here in the first place spouting off your plan or idea on how to eliminate ASA??!?!?!?!

For the purpose of intellectual exchange. Maybe some ASA folks will be watching for the signs of this plan afoot in changes that take place over the next year. If the pilot list continues to maintain its present level or increases, then this scenario has no merit. On the other hand, it the list diminishes over the next year, perhaps they will remember this post as an early indicator. Perhaps they will wargame whether or not they would accept a transfer or consider what quality of life will be with a stagnated list. Perhaps they will be more proactive in moving to the majors.

What do you have to gain from this?

Perhaps insight.

How do you think ASA pilots will receive your post? What is the point?

Those that respect my process may watch for indications of its validation. Those who don't shouldn't be affected in the least.

Why don't you just title the post...'My idea on , how 1700 pilots, 1000 Flight Attendants and 200 mechanics can lose their jobs and livelihood, and ther ability to pay their bills and feed their families! Woo hoo! How exciting! I am Andy Neill, and here is my plan for thousands of people to lose their jobs! Aint I smart!!!

Because that would be misleading (and verrrrry looonnnnggg). The scenario I presented does not involve the loss of a single pilot job. I might clarify it does not necessarily represent what I think is a prudent course of action. Several of others have clearly (and civily) explained why it would not.

You are an unbelievable douchbag!

I disagree

PM me and I'll tell you my name if you think that makes you so responsible.

Will do.

Maybe by then I'll have my plan on 'How to phase Andy Neill out of his job'!!!

That was taken care of over a year ago. No need.

Insight from a post called......"If I wanted to phase out ASA"! Riiight. More wishful thinking and Glee from Skywest Pilots on the misfortune of others. I guess even if you don't work there anymore you must be conditioned t think that way.

If you wanted intellectual exchange, you could have posted from a view of, 'What is the possibility of phasing out ASA'?, or 'Is there any likelihood of ASA being phased out?, or 'What prevents Skywest from phasing out ASA?'

And, Why do you care, anyway?

It's exactly what ASA needs. It reminds me a little of the Paul "Bear" Bryant when he first took over the Head Coaching job at Alabama. Alabama was a complete mess with no discipline. The rest is history on how that great man revived a great tradition (that was for you Hoser). I hope Mr. Holt walks in and starts to LEAD. I will be behind him 100% if he can do it. It won't be easy, but if ASA is ridiculously profitable now, imagine how it will look when it starts to perform.

Trojan

Happy days!!!

Also, Coach Fran got FIRED!!! Scumbag sumb!tch...

Now, seriously, the Bear was the greatest college football coach in history. Ever was, ever will be. That being said, ASA is a totally different organization than a collegiate football team.

IMHO, The CEO that has success at ASA will have the pilots on his side. The one(s) that fail, will make enemies of the pilot group. We don't need Dr. Phil, but we do need someone to work with the pilot group, not against it. I don't think that the pilots would oppose someone who does the job well, regardless of periodic disagreements.[/quote]

Greatest Coach in College Football History? No, CERTAINLY ONE OF THE GREATEST!! I certainly don't mean to compare the University of Alabama's Football Program to ASA. That is not my intent. All I'm saying, is you had a GREAT Leader come in and harness the talent with strong discipline to create something special. I believe that can happen at ASA. WE DESPERATELY NEED LEADERSHIP. Performance numbers are way up already, now we just need a great leader to take us into the "big time, promised land" whatever you want to call it. Morale needs to improve and I think that can happen.

Conversely, an Airline MUST have growth to survive. Costs go up every year, and SkyWest Inc. is too small to absorb a long term stagnation. Anybody realizes this. ASA will continue to grow as new opportunities arrive. For ASA to shrink now, or even stagnate at all, will cost SkyWest Inc. millions of dollars. Cost of doing business? Perhaps. But that cost would be so high, I believe, it could or would sink the ship. Therefore, I don't see it happening. ASA is a money machine. Look at our past performance with our profit margins historically. It's a money tree, you don't chop down a money tree, would you? It's sad to say this, but I miss John and George. Yes, the original Satan and Hitler. They built an Airline so profitable, it didn't matter what level of service we provide. That's genius. I would take those 2 anyday and twice on Sunday than the Delta buffoons we got--Skip, Brian, Charlie, etc.

Trojan

More wishful thinking and Glee from Skywest Pilots on the misfortune of others. I guess even if you don't work there anymore you must be conditioned t think that way.

please post some examples of SkyWest pilots expressing 'glee' at the expense of ASA. I don't know of any, but if you can post examples I'd like to see them.

I was talking with a certain gentleman last week in the hanger in SLC who is about to become your COO, he had some interesting things to say about ASA. First, the only reason you are profitable is because the contract SkyWest inherited when it aquired ASA is not tied to performance, were you paid under a contract similar to SkyWest's you would NOT be making any money. This contract has about three more years then it reverts to perfomance based compensation. Your new contract is amendable in THREE years. Your new contract ALLOWS for the transfrer of basically one plane every three months (how many 700's do you have?) that would be about 36 planes before your contract was up and you would not even be able to cry foul. It was expensive to transfer planes en mass, but the normal MX cycle will put an airplane in for a routine C check about every three months. Don't be suprised if they come out in SkyWest paint. Worst case scenario I can see is that by the time you enter negotiations again you have no more 700's and the ATR's have been retired. No furlows because of normal attrition. How many pilots would that leave you with? Don't shoot the messenger, just painting a picture. You have been out maneuvered by SGU.

P.S. I voted yes.

4 70's per year for a Maximum of 15 airplanes TOTAL. Forgot to mention that. Up to 40 CR2's Total with the same transfer rate max.

Trojan

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back