• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If Frontier and JetBlue Were to...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Frontier and Spirit are more likely to merge than Frontier and JetBlue. The Spirit CEO has previous ties to Frontier. The route structures are compatible. The Frontier busses will need to be upgraded to the better MCDU's, which should cost around one million per aircraft.

I doubt that the corporate culture gurus at JetBlue want to have anything to do with a merger. On the other hand, neither Spirit nor Frontier were built upon a "culture". Both carriers have developed decent cultures, but their management teams have not placed a high priority on "culture" in the way as has JetBlue. Why would JetBlue take any chance on diluting its culture when expansion is easy enough as it is? Unlike SWA, B6 isn't having any trouble acquiring aircraft, so why merge when you can grow with your own aircraft?

OTS

onthestreet said:
Frontier and Spirit are more likely to merge than Frontier and JetBlue. The Spirit CEO has previous ties to Frontier. The route structures are compatible. The Frontier busses will need to be upgraded to the better MCDU's, which should cost around one million per aircraft.

I doubt that the corporate culture gurus at JetBlue want to have anything to do with a merger. On the other hand, neither Spirit nor Frontier were built upon a "culture". Both carriers have developed decent cultures, but their management teams have not placed a high priority on "culture" in the way as has JetBlue. Why would JetBlue take any chance on diluting its culture when expansion is easy enough as it is? Unlike SWA, B6 isn't having any trouble acquiring aircraft, so why merge when you can grow with your own aircraft?

OTS

HUH???

Cya

I have to agree with AnimalTale on that.

I would argue that Frontier was built on, and succeeded, due to the culture they promote. Had it not been there, I think the company probably wouldn't be here today.

Nothing against Jetblue, but it seems we all agree that mergers don't go smoothly or as one would hope.

Jetsi

BLUE BAYOU said:
We easily could've given a contract out to fly our 190s at Mesa or Republic rates, but still chose to keep it under one roof.
... a-Ehmm...

Why wear a flame suit only to hand out torches? ;)

Last edited:
The most valuable commodity F9 has is its culture and its employess. Do you really think that was achieved by accident?!

Silly silly man......

Hey AnimalTale,
Look at it this way at least we could make it 4 airlines together.

727Redtail,

Is your bride tobe going to be on the third with us????

Congrats,,

cya

Why would we want to merge with Frontier or Spirit? Thay are both small airlines not really going anywhere regardless of their culture. JetBlue is more than double the size of either airline.

FlyB6 said:
Why would we want to merge with Frontier or Spirit? Thay are both small airlines not really going anywhere regardless of their culture. JetBlue is more than double the size of either airline.

Real Estate...

Later...

FlyB6 said:

:) Enjoy it while it lasts!, there is no need to put down smaller, less aggressive, airlines like Frontier or Spirit. We all cant be as Great as Jet Blue, can we?

FlyB6, have fun, enjoy and pray for PROFITS!

Cya

Latest resources

Back