If Delta dies, Skywest = ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
utahpilot said:
are you sure? only if you're talking SkyWest INC.

from SkyWest.com

Average number of daily scheduled departures-SkyWest Airlines

United: 1,062 Delta: 472 Total: 1,534
The numbers I saw for ASA on delta.com was over 900 daily departures. So UAL=1062 DAL=1372 if you combine them.

General Lee said:
And, their pilots are ALPA, so probably no flying during a possible DL strike.

Delta continued to fly during the Comair strike.

Why do you think ASA will stop flying during a Delta strike just because they're ALPA?

I don't think the NMB has released them yet. Will the ASA pilots walk with the mainline pilots in a sympathy strike? Since they're not striking the same company anymore, would that count as the same class and craft?

I seriously doubt ALPA will allow the Delta pilots to strike anyway. It would kill one of their biggest dues cash cows and ALPA simply can not allow that to happen.

Last edited:
Would DALPA strike with us? I doubt it. We probably wouldn't have a sympathy strike, but we may have a strike of own that runs concurrently. Our MEC just passed a note confidence in management resolution and authorized a strike committee.

If DAL went ch. 7, there would be a lot of capacity in ASA airplanes and gates available in ATL for someone. I'm not sure that we would be idle for long. Airtran might make a deal in the absence of their largest competitor. ASA might even fly under their own colors. Who knows?

Having said that, I'd really like to see DAL and DALPA work things out. It would be better for everyone.

N2264J said:
Delta continued to fly during the Comair strike.

Why do you think ASA will stop flying during a Delta strike just because they're ALPA?

I don't think the NMB has released them yet. Will the ASA pilots walk with the mainline pilots in a sympathy strike? Since they're not striking the same company anymore, would that count as the same class and craft?

I seriously doubt ALPA will allow the Delta pilots to strike anyway. It would kill one of their biggest dues cash cows and ALPA simply can not allow that to happen.

What I said was that Delta didn't cover any of Comair's flying. (on another post) That is what I meant.

And, good ole Duane Worthless was at our very large, successful rally, so you never know.........He probably wants to see us (at least one of us) to stand up and stop the downward spiral. We are a different group now, now that 2300 loyalists retired within the last year. I hope they negotiate something fair before then, though. High stakes poker.......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
blueridge71 said:
Would DALPA strike with us? I doubt it. We probably wouldn't have a sympathy strike, but we may have a strike of own that runs concurrently. Our MEC just passed a note confidence in management resolution and authorized a strike committee.

If DAL went ch. 7, there would be a lot of capacity in ASA airplanes and gates available in ATL for someone. I'm not sure that we would be idle for long. Airtran might make a deal in the absence of their largest competitor. ASA might even fly under their own colors. Who knows?

Having said that, I'd really like to see DAL and DALPA work things out. It would be better for everyone.

Blueridge71,

If Big D goes "Strike" we don't fly "Struck" work. That is how you support your fellow airline pilot and keeps you off "Scab" list. Besides it lets MGT know that there is no option other than sit and negotiate.

As said before the General gets wood just thinking of problems for SkyWest. However, management has stategies in place for the demise of either of it's code shares that are discussed at almost every investers conference. I wont go into specifics but the structure is there in the event of a collapse of either Delta or United, it wont be painless but certainly not lethal.

atlcrashpad said:
Blueridge71,

If Big D goes "Strike" we don't fly "Struck" work. That is how you support your fellow airline pilot and keeps you off "Scab" list. Besides it lets MGT know that there is no option other than sit and negotiate.

CMR went on strike and DAL didn't stop flying. Why should we stop flying if Delta goes on strike? Rember, they said we are separate. They said there wasn't operational integration. They made their bed, now they can sleep in it.

As for the "scab list", don't you find it just a tad ironic that it was an Eastern scab who posted the three ASA MEC resolutions, regarding the strike vote and no confidence vote, on the ALPA board? He is an ALPA committee chairman and he crossed a real line. How about the CAL MEC Chairman, he is an Eastern scab also. Save me the ALPA BS - I have had my fill!

I will fly any aircraft that is operated by ASA during any DAL strike - we a separate and they don't give a darn about me.

atlcrashpad said:
Blueridge71,

That's true in theory. In reality, Delta's schedule changes almost from day to day and their routes are layered with different companies flying the same routes. How would we know what is struck work?

Also, I wasn't here then, but I've heard that ASA operated Comair airplanes on Comair routes during that strike. I don't know if it's true, but that has been going around.

Blueridge:

ASA took delivery of a couple of RJ's while Comair was out. You can tell these airplanes because of the different materials used in the entry flooring and other small details that Comair ordered different from ASA. When Comair came back to work and had their growth spurt they took several of the airplanes in line for ASA.

ASA did not pick up any flying from Comair during their strike. Management never asked us to and we made it clear that we were not going to fly Comair's struck work.

~~~^~~~ said:
Blueridge:

ASA did not pick up any flying from Comair during their strike. Management never asked us to and we made it clear that we were not going to fly Comair's struck work.

Fins, I know you are smarter than that. ASA, DAL, and ACA flew CMR passengers during the strike. Example, a "CMR" passenger in CAK was supposed to fly from CAK to CVG to SAT. CMR strikes, and the passenger is routed from CAK to ATL to SAT, possibly on a CMR aircraft. We flew CMR passengers in CMR aircraft. We just didn't fly them on the same city pairs - ie we just didn't fly them through CVG. Management won that strike, and I am really not sure why we think we can win one.

Latest resources

Back