If Delta dies, Skywest = ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
blueridge71 said:
Also, I wasn't here then, but I've heard that ASA operated Comair airplanes on Comair routes during that strike. I don't know if it's true, but that has been going around.

We did operate CMR aircraft, and we flew CMR passengers. We did not operate CMR routes. The fact is, during the CMR strike, ASA operated CMR aircraft with CMR passengers.

ASADriver said:
CMR went on strike and DAL didn't stop flying. Why should we stop flying if Delta goes on strike? Rember, they said we are separate. They said there wasn't operational integration. They made their bed, now they can sleep in it.

As for the "scab list", don't you find it just a tad ironic that it was an Eastern scab who posted the three ASA MEC resolutions, regarding the strike vote and no confidence vote, on the ALPA board? He is an ALPA committee chairman and he crossed a real line. How about the CAL MEC Chairman, he is an Eastern scab also. Save me the ALPA BS - I have had my fill!

I will fly any aircraft that is operated by ASA during any DAL strike - we a separate and they don't give a darn about me.

I never said you should stop flying your own flying, just not pick up ours. That is the difference. We never picked up or covered any of Comair's actually flying.

Regardless, if we do strike, you won't last long. I hope it doesn't happen, but that really is reality. Your airline feeds ours. That's the way it goes. Let's hope it doesn't happen.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
I never said you should stop flying your own flying, just not pick up ours. That is the difference. We never picked up or covered any of Comair's actually flying.

Regardless, if we do strike, you won't last long. I hope it doesn't happen, but that really is reality. Your airline feeds ours. That's the way it goes. Let's hope it doesn't happen.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Everything we fly is OUR flying. I will fly whatever schedule I am handed. I hope DAL doesn't go down, but if it does I will take solace in the fact that you will take a larger hit than I will. I don't owe you a thing, I don't owe ALPA a thing. Good luck, your going to need it.

ASADriver said:
Everything we fly is OUR flying. I will fly whatever schedule I am handed. I hope DAL doesn't go down, but if it does I will take solace in the fact that you will take a larger hit than I will. I don't owe you a thing, I don't owe ALPA a thing. Good luck, your going to need it.

Scab or idiot.... I'm not sure which term applies more.

FmrFreightDog said:
Scab or idiot.... I'm not sure which term applies more.

Why? Because ALPA says so? We are separate airlines. ASA won't be on strike - Delta will be. Are you going to refuse to fly ASA aircraft. If you do, you lose your job and ALPA will do nothing to help you. Maybe you are the idiot. By the way, there are over 1000 scabs that are full fledged ALPA members in GOOD STANDING, including ALPA officers and committee chairmen. ALPA is greek for hypocrite.

No, I won't refuse to fly ASA aircraft. What I will do is refuse to fly ASA aircraft that are deployed on Delta routes in the event of a strike. Not only is that being a scab, it's being a $hitty human being. So, no, I won't fly "any schedule that is handed to me". You sir lack integrity.

ASADriver said:

If Delta goes down you will both take a 100% paycut. If i were you i would hope for some luck to.

Flying routes

ASA will not fly another striking carriers routes. As far as Comair routes during the strike, DAL rearranged the schedules, thereby createing "New" routes (Shell game). It was something the Big D could do since they controlled the routing structure.

If DAL goes on strike, there is no way for DAL MGT to redo the routes to cover all of the system. Thereby we (ASA) will not fly struck work. Should be reduced, if not all together go away.

It is a lose lose situation for everyone involved. If DALPA and ASA threaten to strike, both MGT's would SH*T. Grinchstien might not care if DAL goes down the tubes, hell he'll sell the assest off and make himself some chance. Jerry Atkin, however would cut BL and ALL ASA VP's.

ASADriver said:

You better hope we don't strike, and I have a feeling I'll be fine regardless. And, you don't owe me krap, and I don't owe you squat. Keep those figers and toes crossed that we come up with an agreement.........

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
atlcrashpad said:
ASA will not fly another striking carriers routes. As far as Comair routes during the strike, DAL rearranged the schedules, thereby createing "New" routes (Shell game). It was something the Big D could do since they controlled the routing structure.

If DAL goes on strike, there is no way for DAL MGT to redo the routes to cover all of the system. Thereby we (ASA) will not fly struck work. Should be reduced, if not all together go away.

It is a lose lose situation for everyone involved. If DALPA and ASA threaten to strike, both MGT's would SH*T. Grinchstien might not care if DAL goes down the tubes, hell he'll sell the assest off and make himself some chance. Jerry Atkin, however would cut BL and ALL ASA VP's.

We did not add any flights on any of their own routes, and routes that we both shared were not added to, except once when they (DL) decided to replace an MD88 with a 757. Our ALPA guys protested that, and overall Delta lost over $1 billion. I would say the strike made an impression on Delta.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back