Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atlcrashpad said:
General,

Of course they were surprised by the Pilot group's response. They (DAL Mgt) thought you would roll over. Instead, the Pilots dug in and threatened a strike that might mean the downfall of DAL.

Even if Grinchstien and his VP boyz are secure, they will find a lot of DAL employees and ATL Govt officials asking why there are so many unemployed people. He (Grinchstien) and his Possee (sp) might find it very tough leaving town w/o a possible lynching... (obviously joking on the lynching)

Again, you are correct. A lot of government people (State and City) are probably calling him daily. The creditors also want to stay informed I am sure. And, all this around Xmas. So, hopefully they will get back to the table and actually find out what the company NEEDS, vs WANTS. Stay tuned.

Bye Bye--General Lee

:erm: Not to be a smarta$$, but I forgot about the shareholders. They will deffinately come after Grinchstien and his Boyz. ATL is DAL largest destination and the busiest airport in the nation (if not the world). The passengers that cannot get to their holiday destinations will be second in line to get them as well.

Hold tight, this is going to get rough......

General,

As usual, you're only interested in your own opinion. You ignored the fact that I said that it depends on the length of the strike. You ignored that I said LIMITED service. I know there's LIMITED O&D traffic in and out of SLC. The same is true with ATL, not everyone connects. So in the SHORT TERM, it is possible to have LIMITED operations.

Unlike you who needs a "boogey man"(LCC's, Comair, JetBlue, Airtran, and most recently Skywest)to justify your situation in life, I don't have any ill will towards any other group. We are all in this industry together. Anything that a pilot group does affects the whole industry.

Good luck

The bottom line is SkyWest will fly what Delta tells them to fly. If Delta wants SkyWest to fly around empty RJ's they will

SSDD said:
General,

As usual, you're only interested in your own opinion. You ignored the fact that I said that it depends on the length of the strike. You ignored that I said LIMITED service. I know there's LIMITED O&D traffic in and out of SLC. The same is true with ATL, not everyone connects. So in the SHORT TERM, it is possible to have LIMITED operations.

Unlike you who needs a "boogey man"(LCC's, Comair, JetBlue, Airtran, and most recently Skywest)to justify your situation in life, I don't have any ill will towards any other group. We are all in this industry together. Anything that a pilot group does affects the whole industry.

Good luck

As usual, you think I am only against SkyWest. I don't hate any one group of pilots. I know we are all in this together, and I have stated in each of my posts that I hope this is all resolved soon. Even a limited strike would devistate Delta, and everyone should know that. That may be also true for the feeders, since they rely on "pure profit" from the mainline. (Ask Ron Reber if he is "insulated" from a Delta strike.....) I don't need a boogey man to justify my life, I just want some sort of security and a path I can follow. A Chap 11 grab bag doesn't allow that. I would like nothing more than to get this behind us and go forward, and then just go back to leisurely debating the masses on this board. Until then, I think everyone needs to know what may or may not happen coming up here shortly. This is serious.

And with ASA being ALPA, would they fly any of our flights during a possible strike? I doubt that. (SkyWest couldn't change that---we didn't cover any Comair flights during their strike)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Over half of their flying is associated with Delta, and they have too many 50 seat RJs and no mainline sized jets.
Bye Bye--General Lee

are you sure? only if you're talking SkyWest INC.

from SkyWest.com

Average number of daily scheduled departures-SkyWest Airlines

United: 1,062 Delta: 472 Total: 1,534

utahpilot said:
are you sure? only if you're talking SkyWest INC.

from SkyWest.com

Average number of daily scheduled departures-SkyWest Airlines

United: 1,062 Delta: 472 Total: 1,534

Does that now include ASA? Didn't think so, and now you have twice the exposure to Delta. Before you bought ASA I would have believed those numbers, but not now. Good try. Owning ASA has now become a large liability for SkyWest. And, their pilots are ALPA, so probably no flying during a possible DL strike. I hope it doesn't happen.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
And, I bet the wheels are turning in St George, asking why they added more exposure to DL by purchasing ASA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I dont think they expected this from the DAL pilot group. When United filed for BK, skywest grew like gangbusters. I'm sure they expected to same with Delta when they filed. it was a gamble they took hopig it would pay off from past experiece.

Genral,

When is your Md-88 upgrade class? You must be really hitting the books getting ready.

good luck,
Mookie

Mookie said:
Genral,

When is your Md-88 upgrade class? You must be really hitting the books getting ready.

good luck,
Mookie

I put that on hold(waiting for the next bid, if there is one), just like you should for your CR7 transition. Good luck to you too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back