• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If ASA Strikes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree OHPLEASE.....Let the ALPA Neg. member talk about using points from a certain hotel chain to get a free cruise?

Why don't the Neg. team bid a line when not neg.? There is nothing to brief anyone on????
Taking our money....

But our Mgt. SUCKS too !! how is con. C renovations coming (new crew room, breakroom, bathrooms????? LIES LIES AND MORE LIES.....

Shane,

Why don't you quit complaining and volunteer! Run for FO rep or MEC Chairman, then you can make the decisions.

1. Points from a hotel chain? I know plenty of line pilots who score points for staying in hotels. One just went to a Club MED. I guess you haven't heard of the program? How many nights a month do you spend away from home? Obviously, you don't stay at a Holiday Inn Express!

2. Negotiating team bid a line? There is probably alot more time required doing preparation than sitting at the table. I'll bet they will be glad to return to the line when their job is finished. Did you volunteer for their job? No, I didn't think so, but you sure know alot about what you think they are not doing! They are all good people and are working hard to deliver a good contract to our pilots, even the whiny ones! Taking your money? It costs money to do business; nothing is free in life, not even FUN!

3. Your third point is a good one. Soon they will take the diagram off the wall because that renovation left town with the Vision Man, the former Wizard of OZ(ASA!) But don't pay any attention to that man behind the curtain! He wasn't really an Airline Manager, just a man after a guaranteed pension, hiding behind a Vision Statement--make that Double Vision! Unfortunately, he left the Wicked Witch of the West with us--and all her flying monkeys! However, have you checked out the stone floor that was installed upstairs? It's definitely not the "Yellow Brick Road," but it does lead to a destination: NO-WHERE! I wonder what pilot group paid for that?

Last edited:
Me too as long as there are enough pilots hired at any carrier to replace ASA by the time they strike. That is the most desirable result. Let ASA strike after their FAA Cert gets yanked. Other than that I don't want to see an ASA strike. I really don't care who the flying goes to as long as it gets covered.

You are a real piece of crap! These guys are trying to keep their profession from sinking to a new low. Regional pilots are underpaid for what they fly. These ASA guys have some pride in what they do and its the likes of someone like you who have made the industry worse than it needs to be. You are a coward and a snake. I hope you get your teeth kicked in someday!

ASA guys will have my support moraly and financially!

If ASA strikes, Skywest, Inc. will shut the doors down for good, they say. Skywest, Inc. is on record as saying they and Delta have identified the routes that they want running until the rest of the routes can be flown. Who flys these, who knows. The routes that they need to run without interruption amounts to about 30% of the ASA flights today. Also, according to Skywest, Inc, the ASA MEC has assured them that they would never vote to strike as long as there is no talk of pay or work rule cuts. Apparently the MEC has showed its card to Skywest, which is way Skywest isn't in any rush to reach a deal. Of course all what Skywest, Inc. is saying could be BS and just posturing.
What else are they going to say? It's a threat they can't keep.

With the whole portfolio of Delta Connection carriers flying out of ATL, if ASA strikes, it will be a non event.
None of the portfolio carriers have enough pilots to fly their own schedules much less scab themselves out to struck work.

I belive the mediator has been dragging things out to be sure both parties have given all they will. Now they both say they won't give any more and there will be no option but to cool us off. It's not going to happen quickly, but I think that's where it's heading. Soon there will be a picket line for newdlehead to cross.

"SkyWest pilots get blacklisted for life?
If so sounds like a great reason to bring ALPA onboard."

yeah, along with all the other great reasons why skyw pilots should join alpo.
Without ALPA you'll be forced to scab and you'll have no choice. You'll carry it with you your whole career. With ALPA you can refuse struck work and you'll have an advocate to back you up.

Without ALPA you'll be forced to scab and you'll have no choice. You'll carry it with you your whole career. With ALPA you can refuse struck work and you'll have an advocate to back you up.

There would be few if any Skywest pilots that would fly struck work even in the unlikely event of being asked to.

Last edited:
what we'll hear is: we've set 3 more days of meeting between alpa/asa. The dates will be late March or early April. Most likely someplace southern and coastal (spring golf anyone???).

The first day they will each pass love notes.

The second day they'll both take TINY steps towards actually getting this thing done, then sit in private caucus.

The third day they'll leave early. When they get back, they'll BOTH blame the other for the lack of any REAL progress.

Then we wait 2 more months until they meet again.

You bring up a good point. Why aren't they forced to meet in central alabama so that they are more likely to spend some actual time discussing this?

Latest resources

Back