• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If ASA Strikes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You forget that the bulk of these four+ years of negotiations was under DL rule. JA wants ASA to have PBS as it is working well on the SKW side of the house. The company has said that they can emplement PBS w/o a rewrite but a side letter. I don't want PBS either, but if it can be used as a big bargaining chip for other more important issues then so be it.

In case anyone was wondering:

Q: Will ASA use the money saved by not paying nearly 1,400 employees to give the pilots and flight
attendants more pay in their contract negotiations?​
A: No. All pay associated with ground handling employees in Atlanta is considered a “pass-through” cost to
Delta. Therefore, ASA will not gain any funds by not employing the nearly 1,400 ground handling employees
at the Atlanta station.​

The company has made is very clear that they want/need PBS as a cost savings measure. Why wouldn't the union save/use this during the super mediated talks to get what we really want ie. higher base salary and merger protection.
I agree.

If PBS is what it takes to get this contract done, then do it! Trade it for some money and be done with it already!

Unfortunately, that is not close to being the only thing holding up this contract. Pay rates, retro, retirement and scope are the issues that cant seem to be overcome. Unfortunately, our leverage seems to be disappearing every day....and wait until Delta changes that 80% of ATL flying clause, which you bet JA and SKWY wants to change. That, along with Comairs concessions will kill us. Sorry, it's not looking good.

If PBS is what it takes to get this contract done, then do it! Trade it for some money and be done with it already!

There are three issues open, and PBS is not one of them. If you want to know if giving on PBS is worth getting the contract done, go to the majors board and see what the CAL pilots think.

Unfortunately, that is not close to being the only thing holding up this contract. Pay rates, retro, retirement and scope are the issues that cant seem to be overcome. Unfortunately, our leverage seems to be disappearing every day....and wait until Delta changes that 80% of ATL flying clause, which you bet JA and SKWY wants to change. That, along with Comairs concessions will kill us. Sorry, it's not looking good.

I hate to admit that it looks like the 80% flying clause is going to change. Why else would SKYW give up the gates in ATL and roll over on the travel benefits, two things they fought hard for. My guess is DAL will take-over our ramp ops and gates, give us S3s and who knows what else, in exchange for giving SKYW our ATL flying.

It's very strange that JA has been so quiet during all of this, including SLC and LAX, when he's usually the kind of guy to come out of the office and put everyone at ease. The only bright spot would be a eventual merger with SKYW, which is now possible without the conflict of interest in LAX.

I think much hinges on ASA's negotiations and the SkyWest organization drive. The choice being a possible integration with SkyWest, or continued dilution of ASA.

Why is the GO calling this place a viable entity? Also, what airline in their right mind will RFP flying to this company.

Latest resources

Back