• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

idiot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It seems pilots nowadays need to get in touch with their roots. I think most have no idea what a dare devilish profession an aviator's used to be. This guy/girl is nothing more than a throw back to the early days of on the road flying shows and barn stormers; unfortunately trapped in today's RJ/SJS/Autopilot/Autothrottle laden world. I think this video is more evidence of this person's stick and rudder skills than a violation. Now let's go crawl behind our bullet-proof cockpit doors and sip our lattes.

This isn't 1925.

If this guy did this in an appropriate area and in an appropriate airplane, by all means.

Otherwise, he's just an idiot.

What's so spectacular about this guys airmanship anyway? Nothing.

This video is VERY old news.

Dangerous and stupid are not virtues in aviation.

We can only hope that he doesn't kill someone else because of he's a knucklehead. I also hope that aircraft was not a rental that somebody else unwittingly flies after he's torn the sh** out of it.

It seems pilots nowadays need to get in touch with their roots. I think most have no idea what a dare devilish profession an aviator's used to be. This guy/girl is nothing more than a throw back to the early days of on the road flying shows and barn stormers; unfortunately trapped in today's RJ/SJS/Autopilot/Autothrottle laden world. I think this video is more evidence of this person's stick and rudder skills than a violation. Now let's go crawl behind our bullet-proof cockpit doors and sip our lattes.

You don't videotape stunt flying unless you want people to see your handiwork. This guy is a first class tool because 1) he's desperate for attention 2) he's endangering the lives of those below him and 3) the plane he used belongs to his former employer.

Cool video... although he may have busted the 500ft rule in sparsely populated areas.

This is the guy that stresses out the airframe playing stunt show and then hands the keys to you.

It took about 45 seconds of detective work to cross reference info from his website pictures to get his name and address to go along with his videotape of committing a regulatory "crime spree" Very sound, well-thought out decision making with this hero.

Interesting that he didn't use the airplane HE owns to pretend he's cool in.

Woah, welcome to the Wayback Machine. This is from 06, I think. Last I heard the guy had moved on to another 135 job, flying a navajo, I think.

I'm confused by those who think the flying is really all that impressive. As someone else said, I've done considerably worse/better. The only thing I objected to (as someone who could have been flying the same plane the next day) at the time was rolling it and potentially tumbling the only AI in the airplane. I don't see anything there which looks terribly "high-G", particularly compared to the thunderstorms these things fly through all the time. I don't think anyone is arguing that it was smart or cool to FILM it, though, particularly not when you film the plane with its paintjob which is a giant neon sign pointing to the operator.

In the end, I think the biggest strike against this dude was his website, which was tool-tastic.

There is a lot of fun flying at FLX. You aren't expected to do anything stupid, but being single pilot PIC, you're certainly given the opportunity. That's true of any single pilot 135 operation. If you decide to do something stupid, don't film it.

Latest resources

Back