• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

idiot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like he was having a pretty good time to me. He probably could of done without video taping it, but it didn't look like he was really stressing the airframe. Now if it was a couple guys in a Lear 35, working for a part 135 company based in Columbus, attempting to do a roll, that would be a good video to bitch about (man I would of loved to see a video of that).

Hey, I understand what you're all saying. I don't want my wife and daughter to be beneath his arial stunt pattern. Tell you what, deal; no populated areas and his own aircraft would have been a better idea. Just to point out, I am sure I didn't see a G meter so how can you tell if he stressed the airframe. Additionally, did you see an altimeter. Can you judge height well enough to say that's above or below the correct altitude, especially considering it's a poor resolution YouTube video. Let's remember this isn't a transport cat. aircraft and I'm not sure if you can do aerobatics in a 210. I know a 172 if you move the cg enough it's approved for spins and such. Even further, how do you know it's not his own plane. The paint job may be FLX's but the old 310's I used to fly at Airnet are now sold and anyone can buy an old freight sight unseen and not have to repaint it. Dang, I should've been a lawyer instead of a pilot.

It appears to me he turned well below 400' agl, which last I knew didn't assure you obstacle clearance.

Captain Morgan said:
I am sure I didn't see a G meter so how can you tell if he stressed the airframe.

Yeah, no FMS either. How can we even be sure he got to his destination? I guess you're just going to have to take the word of someone who has more time in an FLX 210 than he'd like to. All of the "extreme" (which is an EXTREMELY strong word for some pretty tame stuff) maneuvers were done at low speed. I'd be shocked if he reached 2Gs at any point.

Captain Morgan said:
Let's remember this isn't a transport cat. aircraft and I'm not sure if you can do aerobatics in a 210.

Are you seriously suggesting that a transport category aircraft would be a BETTER ride to screw around in? And no, you certainly can't do even halfassed good-ole-boy aerobatics in a 210 UNDER 135! I don't think anyone is making the case that some FARs weren't violated.

Captain Morgan said:
The paint job may be FLX's but the old 310's I used to fly at Airnet are now sold and anyone can buy an old freight sight unseen and not have to repaint it.

Heh. To the best of my knowledge the only FLX 210s that get out of the game do so by crashing. In any case, if you read the old thread, it was pretty much established that the guy was flying an FLX airplane...probably under 135 when filming this stuff.

On the advice of my attorney, I won't comment about things I might or might not have done when flying at FLX, but the the point is that at FLX (or any other 135 single pilot gig), the peccant part is the guy flying the thing. The larger point remains that if you feel obligated (for whatever reason) to do something illegal or frowned upon, don't f'ing film it and put it on the internet, dummy.

And to be clear, before the innuendo starts, FLX is crystal clear about how they view these sorts of excursions. There is no "cowboy atmosphere". The rules are taught and expected to be followed by adults. If some of us fail to always be as adult as we ought to be, it's not on them.

"Are you seriously suggesting that a transport category aircraft would be a BETTER ride to screw around in? And no, you certainly can't do even halfassed good-ole-boy aerobatics in a 210 UNDER 135! I don't think anyone is making the case that some FARs weren't violated."

No, what I'm saying is, he wasn't in a transport cat. aircraft, so that's good. Also, could he have been part 91 empty?

"The larger point remains that if you feel obligated (for whatever reason) to do something illegal or frowned upon, don't f'ing film it and put it on the internet, dummy."

Agreed.

CM

Of course the pilot knows he breaking far's and operating dangerously. Why else would he hide his identity by blurring himself out in the video.

Captain Morgan said:
Also, could he have been part 91 empty?

Extraordinarily unlikely. There's at least one clip where he's obviously flying out of Tampa, and the fact that the wings don't have TKS panels or boots suggests that he's in Florida. The times I flew in Florida without some kind of cargo on board I can count on two fingers.

Midnight Flyer said:
Of course the pilot knows he breaking far's and operating dangerously. Why else would he hide his identity by blurring himself out in the video.

^ Yeah.

I'm only responding further because I have a great deal of appreciation for FLX. It was a good place to work, and I was treated (sometimes more than) fairly. I had a great time, met some great people, and the sort of things you're seeing here could and probably do happen at any single pilot 135 outfit. What you think or how you feel about that is your own business, but the "reputation" FLX has somehow garnered (in part because of this fool and his camera) is not earned. The training, the expectations, and the management were never anything less than professional.

compared to the thunderstorms these things fly through all the time..

.....You aren't expected to do anything stupid,

:confused:.

So this guy in the video is trying to impress the world by doing aerobatics in a normal category aircraft.
Whoop de doo. Anyone here impressed? Only thing he left out was the jumpsuit and the Top Gun music. But he certainly made it clear what kind of "professional" pilot he is. And now he's an RJ captain. What's he going to do to try to impress people in his RJ?
Oh I forgot.....we already know the ending to that one don't we?

Last edited:
You fly freight, you're going to wind up flying through some thunderstorms, particularly if your ride does 150 in cruise. It's only stupid if you don't know what you're doing or push yourself beyond what you know is safe because someone told you you should. That never happened at FLX. I'm going to hazard a guess that you haven't done piston 135?

And no, I don't think anyone is particularly impressed. Certainly I'm not.

Latest resources

Back