IBT out! NJASAP in!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm just sayin'.

No mod squad here to quell the complaints. Ohhh boooo.

I think it's a perfectly valid conversation.

Pilot A says, "VOLUNTEER!!! It's awesome and all you need do is ask."

I say, "Oh, I beg to differ. Even if you are qualified and have something to offer, you may be turned down because you made a friend of the Union president angry." Ahhhhh Politics. I can say that here.

You say, "Let's burry our heads in the sand. Kooobaya. Ignore the issue."

Yeah. Like ignoring any issue has ever been my style. You can stay out of the convo if you like...

.......Sigh.

Last edited:
No such thing as slates anymore when it comes to NJASAP elections, all must stand on their own merit.

Thank God for that!

Now... if maybe we can work past political leveraging of votes based on present and past Presidents, etc.

Maybe we can have a campaign based on ISSUES and not popularity resulting from shoe color choice and hair style.

Just hoping... but I know it's gonna be so Springer. Always is when candidates won't roll in on the issues sending the mob to personal attacks.

I have a comfy seat with a large soda and a bucket of popcorn. I can't wait!

OK....Fine....rank and rave all you want or feel you need.

I look forward to a spirited election process in the up coming months.

If there is much to change, form a slate and go for it. If you don't win I hope you con return to the line knowing you work for one of the greatest aviation jobs largely due to the fact of the historical changes brought about in this industry by some extremely intelligent and brave pilots, of which you are one.

If you can't deal with it......I have the e-mail address for Comair or Gulfstream.

I agree with your key note statement.

I am fully aware of my contributions and I wouldn't take any of it back. We did things few could and nobody else would.

Elections? No Sir. Not for this guy. Not the way this group runs em. It's about popularity, not merit.

Case in point... what actually DID the F/O Rep do for this Union during his 2 year term for us in his Elected position? Don't bother answering. He couldn't.

We paid him to effectively do the Travel Committee work he always did (and does well). I just disagree with him being billed by BO as the "better man" and 2 years later it being apparent that he didn't even define his role much less set objectives and goals... much less achieve any of them...

We paid him Flight Pay Loss to be a Committee Chair (effectively).

What a waste.

Let's make this round go full circle. Just because you WANT to volunteer (and you actually ARE more qualified) doesn't mean that you will get to volunteer.

Some of those in the Union are actually hogging several Union and Company positions (IP, CA, IP, E-I-E-I-O).

Strength in numbers? Sure, except when it comes to sharing the control.

Spoken like a true Steward.

Training must have gotten better since I went through. Public Speaking was added? Cool.

First, The sigh was simply my frustration that this discussion is happening again in an independent venue.... I've been reading it for a while now and I admit I am truly disappointed that this is happening...

Secondly, I personally do not have a dog in your fight, so dont make it personal..... you know who I am obviously as I do you and you know what I am about. I am not pointing a finger to either side on this one...
Thirdly, maybe you should congratulate me on finally getting involved with our union after all this time instead of stomping on everyone involved. Once again, I had no idea what transpired in the past..all I know is I am here now, and there is nothing that will change that.
I eagerly await your reply.

Last edited:
Hoo-boy...fights on!

It seems that the IBT just put the 1108 into an illegal trusteeship, siphoning a good chunk of change away....... Looks like this could get ugly quick!

More details from more informed shortly....

First, The sigh was simply my frustration that this discussion is happening again in an independent venue.... I've been reading it for a while now and I admit I am truly disappointed that this is happening...

Meeee tooo. Can't seem to have the discussion on private boards due to the Mod Squad.

Secondly, I personally do not have a dog in your fight, so dont make it personal..... you know who I am obviously as I do you and you know what I am about. I am not pointing a finger to either side on this one...

I know you man. This ain't personal at all... I think you will do a great job... you already sound like a Stew and everything.

Thirdly, maybe you should congratulate me on finally getting involved with our union after all this time instead of stomping on everyone involved. Once again, I had no idea what transpired in the past..all I know is I am here now, and there is nothing that will change that.

Congratulations. Now, as someone (you) who is "in a position to influence"... please do some homework so we don't do a repeat performance. Plausible deniability doesn't go far with me.

P.S. And just don't take BO and Co's word for "the way it happened" either. That would be about as 1-sided as it gets. gather info from many sources.

If you don't know where we've been... how do you know where we are going?

Reply complete.

It seems that the IBT just put the 1108 into an illegal trusteeship, siphoning a good chunk of change away....... Looks like this could get ugly quick!

More details from more informed shortly....

Good gawd, If this is really true, I'm right yet again.... :laugh:

You union guys get exactly what you asked for! :laugh:

I guess IBT didn't just roll over, did they Mr. Bunny? :laugh:

Originally Posted by HiSpeedFlyer

Meeee tooo. Can't seem to have the discussion on private boards due to the Mod Squad.
Cant argue that point...It still is frustrating to have had this escalate into a knife fight in the public square.

I know you man. This ain't personal at all... I think you will do a great job... you already sound like a Stew and everything.
I guess I got good training then....:nuts: ( and some past experience somewhere else) Seriously,
You dont have to worry that I am going to be "brainwashed", I have my moral responsibility to this pilot group and I am pledging my spare time and effort to help the pilot group, nothing more, nothing less. If I dont like what I see, I will voice my displeasure ....but in the right context.

Congratulations. Now, as someone (you) who is "in a position to influence"... please do some homework so we don't do a repeat performance. You have my word that I will remain the same person as I am, and will give you 110% of my effort, and after viewing all sides, my opinion will be influenced by only one voice....mine. And I will only follow one path, the path that helps the pilot group.
Plausible deniability doesn't go far with me
Dont ever accuse my of being a politician....its not in my makeup.;)
P.S. And just don't take BO and Co's word for "the way it happened" either. That would be about as 1-sided as it gets. gather info from many sources. Thanks for the advice...it will be used

If you don't know where we've been... how do you know where we are going?
Simple, I (as well as all the rest of the pilot group)wasnt privy to the issues you have brought up....Pandora's box has just opened up to me recently though, the day I started training.... I learn more everyday and will continue to.....

If you need to talk a little more, feel free to PM me..I want to make sure you understand my point of view.

Latest resources

Back