• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So far:
DHLUPS says it is all going to UPS
ATSG/Hete says all they know about are 39 DC9's
Nothing from ASTAR. What are you/have you heard about your equipment?

I would put the entire 104 word memo in this post for you to read but I don't know if you would laugh, cry or both while crashing the server by the sheer volume of it. But here is the last sentence in the memo:

"We do not currently expect any significant change in
ASTAR's level of operations this year."

Read between the lines: "so please stick around so we at least can have a chance at hitting you with the door when we throw you out."

Bunch of asswipes.

Last edited:
I would put the entire 104 word memo in this post for you to read but I don't know if you would laugh, cry or both while crashing the server by the sheer volume of it. But here is the last sentence in the memo:

"We do not currently expect any significant change in
ASTAR's level of operations this year."

Read between the lines: "so please stick around so we at least can have a chance at hitting with the door when we throw you out."

Bunch of asswipes.

Up dhl's butt to the very end. I wonder what kind of bonus they promised him if he kept uninterrupted service until the parking? That bit reads just like the dhl letter saying they expect smaller/unprofitable routes to begin in 2008 with ramp up in 2009. Isn't that the same as "no significant change this year"?

As Bob Dole once said,

"Where's the frackin outrage!!!"

Thousands of union jobs are gonna go down the crapper with this DHL/UPS outsourcing deal. It's a big election year. Let's get these hacks on board with this issue and write both your local elected and union officials.

If the IBT and ALPA had any political clout, now is the time to use it.

Good luck!!! You are so wrong about that buddy. No union jobs will be lost, just transferred to the IPA and teamsters in SDF. How you gonna explain that one??

Good luck!!! You are so wrong about that buddy. No union jobs will be lost, just transferred to the IPA and teamsters in SDF. How you gonna explain that one??

I would expect nothing else from a Brown pilot. Apparently, you are just as giddy as Bob Miller was in his proclamation of absorbing another's job. Class acts all way the past the graveyard to the bank.

My wife and children wish to thank you and Mr. Miller for your concern.

FlyAstarJet I understand your feelings and you are perfectly entitle to have them but I also have a feeling that our poli(greek for many)tic(litle blood sucking creature)ians would care cr%p about ABX and Astar brothers. Maybe some of them were perfectly aware of the deal and gave their blessings specially the business still stays in US through an american company( UPS). I wouldn't be surprised (just speculating)to hear on a future date, everything was done by UPS to get even more control over US market. Remember the rumors of DHL and Fedex earlier? Maybe DHL played both to get the highest bidder. Maybe UPS came with an offer DHL couldn't refuse. Who knows?

Let me get this straight, and do note that I'm as pished off as the next guy that the company is outsourcing the flying.

You're going to write a congressman bitching that a foreign company is outsourcing it's domestic US flying to a US compamy?

I may be a tad thick, but are you serious?

Sure. Costs a couple bucks max and few minutes of my time. May not accomplish much, but who knows.

The reports would seem to indicated its not yet (the switch to UPS) a done deal. They may not be able to reach agreement. DPWN/DHL may come to their collective senses and realize they are giving UPS (a major competitor intent on world wide business) their Americas business. I would seriously doubt UPS will hand over international business they have to DHL for delivery outside the US. DHL seem to be looking at UPS in the same manner they look at Blue Dart. Blue Dart does not have a world wide presense. UPS does, and though it may not be as large as DHL, they are working on it.

The major problem here in the US has not really been the air side, its been the ground delivery. They haven't yet fixed that. If they think (lord only knows how) the air side was the problem in losing customers, and they have lost virtually all of the former Airborne market share, then their days are numbered.

Hey Euro-

When DHL moved up to Wilmington, they made a bunch of agreements with the state and city for $$$ in exchange for jobs through 2013. Do you know what they're planning on doing to get out of the agreement, since they're abandoning the place 5 years early? Any idea how many million$ it's going to cost them to leave? Just wondering.

No idea TWA but suspect some Bonn bean-counter has had the big calculator out and come to the conclusion it'll be cheaper to pay the state of Ohio than keep ILN open. The bottom line is King, and sometimes it really, really sucks. Worst of all, bean-counter plans have this horrible habit of failing to work when faced with the harsh realities of real life.

Handing over the flying to UPS? Madness, utter madness. Not that they're bad at flying or anything like that, but they'll gain way too much information about our business.

Unless the deal is reciprocated, i.e. DHL taking over somewhere in the world for UPS, I just don't see what's to stop UPS from poaching our clients. Unless, of course, the overall DPWN plan is to spin off DHL to UPS a couple of years down the road.

Unless, of course, the overall DPWN plan is to spin off DHL to UPS a couple of years down the road.[/quote]

DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!

DPWN has decided it is better to not be in the "shipping" industry. Too much pressure. You know those damn Americans want their package the next day, and even sometimes by 1030 in the morning.............. CRAZY STUFF........

Latest resources

Back