• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly Astar Jets

Fly ATI Jets
As Bob Dole once said,

"Where's the frackin outrage!!!"

Thousands of union jobs are gonna go down the crapper with this DHL/UPS outsourcing deal. It's a big election year. Let's get these hacks on board with this issue and write both your local elected and union officials.

If the IBT and ALPA had any political clout, now is the time to use it.

Who picked up the Emery flying back in 2001?

Last edited:
Let me get this straight, and do note that I'm as pished off as the next guy that the company is outsourcing the flying.

You're going to write a congressman bitching that a foreign company is outsourcing it's domestic US flying to a US compamy?

I may be a tad thick, but are you serious?

So far:
DHLUPS says it is all going to UPS
ATSG/Hete says all they know about are 39 DC9's
Nothing from ASTAR. What are you/have you heard about your equipment?

Let me get this straight, and do note that I'm as pished off as the next guy that the company is outsourcing the flying.

You're going to write a congressman bitching that a foreign company is outsourcing it's domestic US flying to a US compamy?

I may be a tad thick, but are you serious?

I would think he is very very serious indeed. DHL accepted buckets of cash from the local and state governments under the premise that they not only maintain a certain number of jobs, but to grow the job market as well. I hope pressure does come and come fast and hard against dhl from the political side if not for my job then for my tax dollars that dhl obviously squandered. :angryfire

EDIT: To the individual that had the dhl pilots forum website; would you have any interest in turning your web site into a quick link site that has pre-formed letters to email to our local, state and DOJ representatives? A sign and send site about our tax dollars and jobs dhl has lied to them about? Something like the "Make Delta Our Delta" website their employees created?

Last edited:
if the situation was reversed ie; American company purchases German company drives it into the ground then closes it down (due to total incompetence)and put thousands out on the street ( dont forget the ground people).
They would burning US flags in downtown Berlin.

Well, in that case, who's up for a good ole fashion german flag burning in downtown Wilmington?

Well, in that case, who's up for a good ole fashion german flag burning in downtown Wilmington?

Unlike most foreign countries where you see them burning the US flag, we understand it is a very small incompetent group of Germans that wear yellow that deserve the burning and not the whole country.

However, does anyone have a dhl flag? :uzi:

Latest resources

Back