• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT & ALPA political clout against DHL/UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
but they'll gain way too much information about our business.

What information? That DPWN can not figure out how to work in the U.S. market? I think they already know that.

Agreed, DHL will cease to exist in the US in a few years or less. They are also lying about the ground network as it will be toast soon. They need it to run smoothly over the next year and then once the transition is complete. BAM.

...I just don't see what's to stop UPS from poaching our clients. Unless, of course, the overall DPWN plan is to spin off DHL to UPS a couple of years down the road.

If that is what dhl wants or not, it aint gonna matter. UPS sales force will take them anyway. As soon as the 1st yellow box goes in a brown aircraft, the sales will be knocking on EVERY door in the service area and say...see....we fly it anyway. Let's eliminate that yellow middle man, shall we.

but they'll gain way too much information about our business.

What information? That DPWN can not figure out how to work in the U.S. market? I think they already know that.

I think he means that they will know they haul 1 can of nothing but xyz out of KABC every night. Could easily let them know how to price the product away from dhl. It's over for them as it is for us. Just we get to sit back and witness it after the hammering they are giving us today. Something tells me champagne will flow that day. What do you think?

No 1 and No2

When I explained to my 17 year old daughter that DHL had an agreement to ship their packages on UPS aircraft and her dad was going to lose his job at ABX soon, She replied with a comment that nearly knocked me off my chair. She exclaimed "HMMM, sounds like No.1 and No. 2 Dad !!! You know, yellow and brown!!!" God, I love that kid......

Fedex can also use this as a HUGE sales tool with DHL customers.

Imagine a Fedex salesman talking to a DHL customer if you will.

He calmly explains that if they continue to use DHL, that their package is ultimately out of their control. It is flown on a UPS aircraft. What if UPS strikes? What priority will DHL packages have at Christmas?

But, if you elect to use Fedex, your package will:

Be picked up by a Fedex driver
Be put on a Fedex airplane
Be flown by Fedex pilots
Sorted at a Fedex facility
Delivered by a Fedex driver

Customer: "Where do I sign?"

I would expect nothing else from a Brown pilot. Apparently, you are just as giddy as Bob Miller was in his proclamation of absorbing another's job. Class acts all way the past the graveyard to the bank.

My wife and children wish to thank you and Mr. Miller for your concern.

Blow Me buddy!! I am not giddy, as I know UPS management will find other ways to move the packages. The pilots at UPS will be the last to benefit from this.

Latest resources

Back