• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT Airline Division/Local 357 Scorecard

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing anyone has said changes the fact that the IBT pilots are receiving a windfall as a result of the Eischen award.

Nothing anyone has said changes the fact that I and other similarly-situated Frontier pilots left various forms of crappy entry-level aviation jobs to start over at the bottom of the list as F9 newhires.

Nothing anyone has said changes the fact that the career expectations when hired at a crappy entry-level aviation job do not include flying an Airbus with mainline workrules and payscales.

As for my peers losing respect for me. Sorry no. I have friends in virtually every corner of the aviation world and they all agree that the F9 pilots are getting screwed by a wackado arbitrator and a bunch of IBT opportunists. Every one of my friends has offered to do what they can to help me get hired at their company. I haven't taken anyone up on any offers of help because (a) most of them aren't hiring anyway, (b) I'm not sure I want to start over at the bottom of anyone's list at this point, and (c) I have other options outside aviation and may pursue those, instead.

f9 pilots have no honor, no integrity, ungrateful, and liars!
you all seem to forget there are other employee groups other than pilots in your company who have lost any support and respect for all you! Remember that!

There are more than a few "thank you" cards in the FAPA office signed by gate agents, CSR's, scouts, and FA's that seem to conflict with your theory. When was the last time an IBT represented pilot group received a gift from another employee group? FAPA's relationship with everyone at Frontier, from the ramp all the way up to the DO, has NEVER been stronger than it is today.

I have yet to hear ONE complaint from any original Frontier employee in any department. In fact, everyone has shared unanimous support for us recently, especially since LOA 67.

and when you get out from the RAH umbrella, please don't forget us Lynx guys

You are actually in pretty good shape. Hopefully you will get displaced into the 190. The Almighty Scope Language in the Chautauqua CBA caused the IBT to overlook some trivial items like hourly pay, work rules, and vacancy bidding language.

The only new aircraft coming on property are the 190's, and the q's are going away along with some 145's and 170's. If you get displaced into the 190 you (and the throngs of other junior folks flying the highest paying aircraft) will be in great shape when this thing comes apart.

Nothing anyone has said changes the fact that the IBT pilots are receiving a windfall as a result of the Eischen award.

Nothing anyone has said changes the fact that I and other similarly-situated Frontier pilots left various forms of crappy entry-level aviation jobs to start over at the bottom of the list as F9 newhires.

Nothing anyone has said changes the fact that the career expectations when hired at a crappy entry-level aviation job do not include flying an Airbus with mainline workrules and payscales.

As for my peers losing respect for me. Sorry no. I have friends in virtually every corner of the aviation world and they all agree that the F9 pilots are getting screwed by a wackado arbitrator and a bunch of IBT opportunists. Every one of my friends has offered to do what they can to help me get hired at their company. I haven't taken anyone up on any offers of help because (a) most of them aren't hiring anyway, (b) I'm not sure I want to start over at the bottom of anyone's list at this point, and (c) I have other options outside aviation and may pursue those, instead.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Republic's work rules and pay suck, goes without saying. But F9's work rules and pay aren't anything to crow about. And you just agreed to a concessionary LOA that eroded those "mainline work rules and payscales" even further (and that decision, no matter what you may think the endgame is for BB and CO, affected more employees than just the F9 pilots).

"I have yet to hear ONE complaint from any original Frontier employee in any department. In fact, everyone has shared unanimous support for us recently, especially since LOA 67."

Didn't the original Frontier shut down in 1986? So, you personally haven't heard any complaints, from the people that got shut down 25 years ago?

There are more than a few "thank you" cards in the FAPA office signed by gate agents, CSR's, scouts, and FA's that seem to conflict with your theory. When was the last time an IBT represented pilot group received a gift from another employee group? FAPA's relationship with everyone at Frontier, from the ramp all the way up to the DO, has NEVER been stronger than it is today.

I have yet to hear ONE complaint from any original Frontier employee in any department. In fact, everyone has shared unanimous support for us recently, especially since LOA 67.

How many "thank you" cards did you get from other pilot groups for lowering the bar ? Maybe SWA sent one,since I'm sure they're glad that deal didn't happen.

How many "thank you" cards did you get from other pilot groups for lowering the bar ? Maybe SWA sent one,since I'm sure they're glad that deal didn't happen.

How exactly did we lower the bar?

We have never touched one work rule or any contract language, even during BK.

We still have a 6% DC contribution, and our 401k match returns in four months.

Our pay isn't the highest but it is higher than virgin, allegiant, spirit, United, and USairways, and it is on par with Airtran. Our pay is lower than the rest of the Legacies (American, Delta, CAL), Alaska and Jet Blue. None of us are happy with our pay rates, but we have no problem sitting at a collective bargaining roundtable with the rest of the industry every year (I can't say that I have ever seen the IBT in attendance).

There is a bunch of hyperbole about our recent "concessions". We didn't take a pay cut, but defered two raises to a later date. If deferring raises to a later date is considered "lowering the bar", I would hate to see the definition of some of the CBA's that are active today.

Speaking of CBA's, have you TA'd any sections yet? I keep hearing that you will have a new CBA by the end of the year and I am wondering how that will be possible. I imagine that you guys are asking for a HUGE retro check, considering the fact that your CBA has been amendable for four years now. Do you think the RAH pilot group will ratify low pay rates in exchange for a healthy retro check, considering the fact that a lot of guys are bailing and they will just take the money and run? I bet the company would love for that to happen. It is a lot cheaper to pay a few thousand dollars today instead of a few million dollars over the lifespan of a CBA.

Frontier has already cost all of the Republic employees, HUGE, not only the pilots. I think you forget who bailed Frontier out, costing all of the RAH employees their year end bonuses, and the bonuses we did recieve the Frontier employees whined it was not enough.

It was the RAH employees who made this company the money, and still does, while Frontier continually reports a loss.

And yet the F9 pilots negogiate a deal with the company, during a union vote, for concessions, even a stupid dispatcher knows that you and the company did this to seperate the 2 groups, and the RAH pilots get treated like crap.

And let me ask you, what are the RAH employees benefits from all of this, who work for the profitiable side of the company. FRICKIN NOTHING!!!

Frontier has done nothing since day 1 but take money out of the pockets of all the RAH employees, and yet do nothing but complain about the company.

Wow! Do you actually think that the rank and file of either Frontier or RAH have anything to do with if they're profitable or not? i.e. Pilots comply with regulations and written company policies and procedures to move the metal from point A to B when it is safe and legal to do so. We have zero control over whether the flying is profitable or not. That is the job of management. Airline Business 101.

Latest resources

Back