• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT agrees to allow vote for NJASAP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think this agreement is pretty amazing, if it goes off without any problems.
IBT will let the NJA pilots vote, internally, to decide whether they want NJASAP or IBT to represent. No NMB involvement. NJASAP will help support Fl Opt set up their own shop. Dues will be handled in a civil manner. The refund goes forward. IBT and NJASAP agree to work together when it is in the interest of both parties, I assume on national interests.

So far so good! Refunds have been sent out to the pilots and some are showing up as donations to NJASAP to help fund the start up of the NJ Association. Thanks everyone! That money is being put to good use to make a positive difference in your lives. NJASAP lanyards are ready to go; look for it in the campaign mailer. Wear it with pride and to show everyone how you're voting...;) There are meetings in CMH this week to work on transition/financial issues. It looks like everything is on track ...:) NJW

So how as the seminar? Any interesting exhibitors? Or was it just a bunch of blow hards with nothing to add to the conversation?:cool:

I thought this year's CASS was worthwhile. However, it was a bit too heavy on safety management systems. Not that there's anything wrong with SMS, but 75% of the presentations had something to do with SMS. I got the point after the first two presentations on SMS. After that I was like "enough already." IMO, the best presentations at CASS were the aeromedical discussion by Dr. Quay Snyder and the wildlife mitigation at GA airports presentation by USDA wildlife services director Richard Dolbeer. You wouldn't believe how much the population of large birds (eagles, turkey vultures, etc) have grown over the past 10 years, which is why we're seeing more bird strike aircraft incidents/accidents.

There were a few interesting exhibitors, but many were consulting firms that do ISBAO/SMS audits or sell incident tracking (ie SMS) software.

Latest resources

Back