• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Executive Board Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't imagine having to leave my family for 8 days every time I went to work. 6 is long enough. You may enjoy your schedule, but to me it is a huge negative. The 7 days off sounds great, but not enough to outweigh the suck of 8 days on.

That is why the Flex Pilots should contact the union and start giving their ideas as to what they would like in the next contract which will cover all of us.

You could always bid the 7/7 or tell the union negotiators you want a 6/4 option as well.

Here's the link to Local 1108

I have not. I don't have the time to read 300+ pages of lawyer speak. During my career I gave read several contracts.

Send me the link again and when I have the free time I will look it over.

Here you go:

To register for access go to the VUH website at http://forum.ibt1108.org, then follow the next several steps:

First and foremost, make sure you complete ALL fields on the registration page.
Again, your information will be kept confidential by Local 1108.
After you submit your registration, an email will be sent to the email address you provided. If you don?t receive it, check your SPAM/JUNK folder. YOU MUST click the link provided to validate your email address.
After clicking the link, a member of the IBT Local 1108 Communications Team will verify your information and grant your access. You will receive email notification when this is complete.

To all that are concerned,

Let me just start by saying that I have known Ken Ricci personally for 18 years. I know him not only thru business but also friendship. I recently had a flight with him and a lengthy conversation about the situation at hand. I expressed to him my feelings about how the Flight Options pilots not being treated fairly in all that is going on. Without saying to much, let me say this. If your a flight options pilot just set back and be patient because this is going to be a good thing for you when it's all finished. Ken has a proven strategy that will secure the end of the union. This is going to take time, it's not going to happen overnight. It's important to know that the time it will take is necessary for the plan to work. Once the union is successfully voted out the flex jet contracts and flying will be shifted over to you the Flight Options pilots. Once 60% of the Flex clients have been shifted over to Flight Options Ken will start the recall process of the furloughed pilots, once again building the pilot force. The business strategy behind this is the lower cost of labor on the Flight Options side. I also talked to him about the low pay at Options and he assured me that he is going to give a fair pay increase that both improves the lifestyle of the Flight Options pilot and makes for a sustainable business model. Ken expressed that the current pay at Flexjet is not sustainable and was one of the main reasons he was able to acquire the company. Ken believes that once 60% of the Flex flying is being conducted on the Flight Options side, the Flexjet crews can be reduced, he did not explain how this would be carried out. Ken seemed to think that this would be a three year business model but at the end of that time 93% of all the flying would be accomplished with Flight Options pilots. I think it's fair to get a pay raise that will support healthy business survivability at the same time bringing new aircraft to the Flight Options pilots. Ken seems to think that the new business model can be sustained with about 675 total pilots. If you take all of the current Options pilots and bring back all the ones on furlough you will still have room to keep 150 or so Flex pilots which is good news.

Let me just start by saying that I have known Ken Ricci personally for 18 years. I know him not only thru business but also friendship. I recently had a flight with him and a lengthy conversation about the situation at hand. I expressed to him my feelings about how the Flight Options pilots not being treated fairly in all that is going on. Without saying to much, let me say this. If your a flight options pilot just set back and be patient because this is going to be a good thing for you when it's all finished. Ken has a proven strategy that will secure the end of the union. This is going to take time, it's not going to happen overnight. It's important to know that the time it will take is necessary for the plan to work. Once the union is successfully voted out the flex jet contracts and flying will be shifted over to you the Flight Options pilots. Once 60% of the Flex clients have been shifted over to Flight Options Ken will start the recall process of the furloughed pilots, once again building the pilot force. The business strategy behind this is the lower cost of labor on the Flight Options side. I also talked to him about the low pay at Options and he assured me that he is going to give a fair pay increase that both improves the lifestyle of the Flight Options pilot and makes for a sustainable business model. Ken expressed that the current pay at Flexjet is not sustainable and was one of the main reasons he was able to acquire the company. Ken believes that once 60% of the Flex flying is being conducted on the Flight Options side, the Flexjet crews can be reduced, he did not explain how this would be carried out. Ken seemed to think that this would be a three year business model but at the end of that time 93% of all the flying would be accomplished with Flight Options pilots. I think it's fair to get a pay raise that will support healthy business survivability at the same time bringing new aircraft to the Flight Options pilots. Ken seems to think that the new business model can be sustained with about 675 total pilots. If you take all of the current Options pilots and bring back all the ones on furlough you will still have room to keep 150 or so Flex pilots which is good news.

I never can find my bull******************** flag when I need it!

If you really are that close to Kenn then maybe you should have his book editor scan your writing before you post next time. : )

Take your union, take your contact roll it up and stick it where the SUN DON'T SHINE!!!!!
Stupidity, that's exactly why a union wouldn't ever be voted in on the other side. Pure stupidity!!!

Our direct contracts with management are as binding as your CBA.

We get a vote before any changes to our work rules.

HA HA HA, That's funny right there. You don't have a COLLECTIVE bargaining agreement, So all 400+ of you will have to defend your INDIVIDUAL employment agreements while splitting the cost of arbitration equally with management. Good luck with that.

Well we're being told differently. If we vote out the union we are being told there will be an option to stay separate. Nobody has guaranteed that, but they are saying it is "possible if that's what you want." KR has definitely not said to us that he wants one pilot group. That would have been noticed for sure.

Right. The impression I'm under is that if the NMB rules single carrier, and then we vote, and if that outcome is no union, then we stay separate like we are now. Separate hiring and all. I can't point to an exact quote from a meeting or slide, but that's the impression I'm under...

Try reading what what he said in AIN:
Ricci told AIN. "We're not asking for pay cuts, and we've tried to preserve salaries. Normally, we'd try to delay a single operating system, but we want [it], the sooner the better..."

Link: http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/ainalerts/2014-04-08/flight-options-flexjet-owner-aims-single-operation

One more thing to add you little prick. For some reason you feel slighted because you are not paid what you think you deserve. How many times have you been furloughed? How many union battles have you encountered? You want the top pay but have no track record! Yeah that's right I researched your post history and found exactly what I expected. A young kid from asa talking ******************** because he is not paid top notch. Go back to flying RJ200s for peanuts. We gave enough losers here trying to pull our profession down without your help. The world don't own you ******************** boy!

Interesting behaviour.
Perhaps you could read your words as shown above while looking in the mirror..

Latest resources

Back