• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Attempts to take NJASAP funds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Either the NetJets Leadership was planning to transfer funds that they had no legal right to, into an NJASAP account, and our Leaderships actions stopped them, or what I hope is the case, this former E-Board President had his feelings hurt because the Flight Options Pilots Leaders, under the Direction of the National, went in and made a Preemptive Strike to assure the Resources which rightfully belonged to the remaining IBT 1108 Members (Flight Options Pilots) could not be raided at the 11th hour.

That attitude (if in the majority) is why relations between our two groups may be damaged beyond repair. I have high hopes that you are in a handful of supremely naive pilots and the rest are smart enough to figure out what happened. After all the effort the pilots at NJA have made for FLOPS. Organizing, providing our volunteers to train, financially supporting your negotiations even though the costs exceeded dues collected by FLOPS by 100-150%, to refunding all dues to terminated pilots, to authorizing free memberships for said pilots at various airline employment services, to collecting donations from NJA pilots, and the list goes on - AND YOU THINK A PREEMPTIVE STRIKE WAS NEEDED TO PROTECT THE LOCAL FROM US???????

that is truly pathetic.....................

A fully functioning local, complete with staff, infrastructure and 1.5-1.7 million dollars, not one dollar of which was a result of FLOPS dues. It was the right thing to do and I'm glad it was set up that way. We don't need gratitude (would be nice), we don't need thanks (would be classy) but after giving everything listed above over the last few years we sure as hell don't need the attitude that you could possibly have ANYTHING we'd want to steal..........

Last edited:
Stepping Down? Not Likely....

How about a full investigation first? There's no reason to skip due process or make this anymore difficult than it already is...:rolleyes:

For all we know, they may already be planning to step down in the meantime (putting the good of the pilotgroup first) so that other less distracting leaders can take their place. That would allow the focus to remain on the contract negotiations where it needs to be right now. Hint, hint.

Heroes don't need to "Step Down" when they rush into a burning building to secure the Treasure of the Family, the 1108 Family.

I thought you guys were done with the attacks, but it seems not.

That's fine. Carry On. The Flight Options Pilot Group stands firmly behind our Leadership; much as it seems the NetJets Pilot Group is standing behind their own.

Sound like a Draw to me. Time for the Lawyers to Clean up the small details, as the song goes.

Freedom is Not Free

Last edited:
Tapped onto his Screen Name and he is busy typing in some FUD (Fear, Uncertainly, and Doubt) for us all to be shaking in our boots over.

Oh boy, I can't wait:laugh:

Looks like he decided to sit it out on the Sidelines though for now, and see how much damage we can do to eachother, before he comes in to try and finish us off. Maybe B19 is being smarter than I give him credit for. Good decision B19. Why should you work for your Retainer, while we will do the work for you.

Freedom is Not Free

I'm not laughing at this because I've seen these things before and I know how ugly they get.

I kept saying this wasn't going to be easy, but even I could never have envisioned an uglier scenario. It's pretty sad.

All of you seem to be as proud of your union as I am to say I've found a way to remain union free.

Even though I find this not a laughing matter, I can't even for one second not grin and say, "I told you so." :D

We don't always agree NJW, but this is sound advice.

I'm also aware that we've differed in our opinions from time to time, Pro, but we do so respectfully and give credit where it's due. I don't ask for more than that. Thanks, NJW

Freedom, or Fooldom?

That attitude (if in the majority) is why relations between our two groups may be damaged beyond repair. I have high hopes that you are in a handful of supremely naive pilots and the rest are smart enough to figure out what happened.

Freedom's not in the majority, he's a mouthpiece. Hey, captain Random and improper Capitalization, here's a Hint - first word of the sentence and proper nouns only, otherwise step away from the shift key.

Cast has talked about honesty, openness and respect for the pilot group. If we'd had that in the first place, there would've been no need for organizing. If we'd seen it from the FO 1108 "leadership", they'd have had the majority behind them long ago and a contract might already be in place. As it stands, too many FO pilots are caught in between, trying to figure out who to distrust less. This is like watching a Greek tragedy.

Last edited:
Freedom, if you're seeing an attack in my post you must be looking for something that isn't there. I'm standing behind due process, honesty and fairness.

Burning building?! That sounds very much like the inflammatory (no pun intended) rhetoric I suspect Bill Moore used to sway those involved. Treasure of the family? :erm: Are you referring to the savings amassed by the NJ pilots who worked hard to make sure the Options pilotgroup was left in a good position to finish their contract negotiations.

In the interest of giving credit where it's due, it must be noted that the NJ side of 1108 followed the Separation Document (negotiated by all parties and agreed to in writing by your leadership) to the letter. I had expected nothing less as that was the right thing to do. Had the NJ leaders attempted to violate the Agreement, I'd have made the same step down suggestion.

Here's a piece of insider info to keep things in perspective: The NJ leaders have so much integrity that they used donations instead of the 1108 operating fund to provide the Union staff with an appreciation lunch for all the extra work of late. So the baseless accusations are illogical, and as others have noted, pathetic. They had even agreed to borrow back some of their own money with good grace!! To falsely accuse them just adds insult to injury. This is no way to encourage pilot groups to help one another...:rolleyes: :(

Here's another shared perspective: My husband just got a mailed check yesterday from the former 1108 Secretary/Treasurer, reimbursing him for travel expenses to work in CMH on the transition--per the Agreement. The check should have been signed by the (recently fired) 1108 book-keeper who had lied about paying the NJ pilots' expenses. It seems she was holding onto that money for the Options pilots. After all she paid their bills. Had there been no wrong-doing my husband would have been reimbursed on time in the usual way. There definitely needs to be a full investigation and due process should be followed.

Last edited:
I don't want to slam the Man, so I won't.

But if you go back through all of this thread, and view his Posts, especially the one by "Phoenix", you will have a pretty good idea of just how high up the NetJets Pilot's leadership pole this guy sat. As in the top.

Yet he finds it acceptable to start publishing, on a Public Website, financial numbers and membership percentages that if true, could seriously hurt the Flight Options Pilots Negotiating position with our Manangement.

Why would he do such a thing? I thought his Beef was with the National and these two Flight Options Leaders (who by the way, I view as Heroes in this process).

The answer should be pretty obviously to anyone with half a brain. Either the NetJets Leadership was planning to transfer funds that they had no legal right to, into an NJASAP account, and our Leaderships actions stopped them, or what I hope is the case, this former E-Board President had his feelings hurt because the Flight Options Pilots Leaders, under the Direction of the National, went in and made a Preemptive Strike to assure the Resources which rightfully belonged to the remaining IBT 1108 Members (Flight Options Pilots) could not be raided at the 11th hour.

There is absolutely no excuse for the behavior of the former E-Board President on this website which directly hurt the Flight Options Pilots, none.

What he did by revealing confidential numbers (which may or may not be accurate) on this website was the Act of a Child.

The former Executive Board President of the 1108, INTENTIONALLY set out to harm the Flight Options Pilots by revealing this confidential information.

It should be obvious to all that he was placing his EGO ahead of the interests of the Flight Options Pilots.

This action gives a clear picture of the man's True Colors. Now that he is no longer a part of the IBT 1108, he could give a crap about the Flight Options Pilots. When he was the leader of the 1108, he not only wanted the Options Pilots to do well as members of the 1108, but also wanted Citation Shares and FlexJet Pilots to sign up.

This man's EGO seems to be larger than the Mountains around which he lives. And this EGO, is now harming the Flight Options Pilots. That is something I cannot stand by and watch.

I am a Hostage. I sacrificed my Job for this fight. I will not let this former Executive Board President come in here and attempt to harm my fellow Pilots and our Cause unchecked.

That is all.

Freedom is Not Free

"I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way...

Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

Oh, and you're welcome for the $1.7 million. :rolleyes:

Oh mighty b19 you so told us so.......thank god your on here to guide us, little people

ps how is the resume going

:p I'm glad you guys find him amusing, Dime. After I finish my Give Scheeringa the Boot campaign I'm thinking of switching my avatar to one with red boots for a Stomp Out FUD campaign. Fudspinner will then have a new pair of boots to insult...;) providing you guys with more entertainment...:D

Latest resources

Back