• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Attempts to take NJASAP funds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me put this in a way everyone of a reasonable intelligence can understand: There was an agreed-upon procedure in place for the transition of NetJets pilots' union representation from IBT to NJASAP. The two members of the FO MEC along with the now-former 1108 bookkeeper did not follow that procedure and now the police are involved. Had the IBT successfully stolen the money against procedure, the IBT would have had no reason to follow the rest of the transition agreement.

And let me put this in a way that perhaps people with LESS than reasonable intelligence can understand: It was the IBT 1108's money in IBT 1108 bank accounts, and the money was not taken, control of the money simply changed to the new leadership. The "procedure" the two members of the FO MEC did was under the direction of the IBT National and their attornies. Police away. The NJASAP membership have no rights to the IBT 1108 bank accounts.

If there is any money that should be transferred to the NJASAP membership, it will happen transparently and legally. The FO MEC isn't trying to steal.

Last edited:
Falsified documents? I heard they have the signature of the IBT National President on them and AUTHORIZED the new leadership to take over those accounts. Hmmm. Nice try. Again, nothing was stolen, only bank account names changed. If you think the NJASAP pilots deserve any of the monies, legally prove it and stop calling the FO leadership thieves for doing nothing but securing control over the bank accounts of THEIR local.

Yeah. I guess we will see.

Sorry, but even the IBT president does not have the authority to authorize something that goes against their own by-laws, or to authorize something that is ILLEGAL.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Maybe you should brush up on IBT by-laws, and throw in a helping of RLA rules as well.
It's a bit complex, but nevertheless spells out what can and cannot be done.

What they attempted to do was sneaky, and CANNOT be done according to IBT's own rules!!

I'm not making this up. What motivation would I have for doing so?

Yes, documents were falsified. The fact that the IBT president's signature was on it only means that they were falsified WITH THE AID of the president. That doesn't make it right. It makes it WORSE!!

You have the facts. What you do with them is totally up to you. If you really trust those two particular members of your MEC, then best of luck to you. We don't plan on interfering with that.

We do plan on taking legal recourse where appropriate, but as far as sticking our nose in your business, no worries. You will still be forging your own destinies over there.

Best of luck to all of you.

Yep, I do have the facts, at least as they were explained to me and I see no problems with what has transpired, in fact I would expect the change of ownership of those accounts to be a matter of course and I'm surprised you didn't.

Again. I don't understand the problem, no one's taking anything but control. Any monies the NJA pilots are intitled to they will get, and if you think otherwise, show me - show US those facts.

You and your 2 or 3 others who are "surprisingly" in the know do not acknowledge the fact that this was simply about CONTROL of the money.

Again, I ask: WHY does ANY NJA pilot, who is NO LONGER a part of the IBT 1108, feel they should STILL have access to an 1108 bank account? THAT is all that's changed.

No one's stolen anything. I find it suspicious that there are those who think they should still have access to the funds of a union they are no longer part of. If the NJA pilots are OWED anything by the Local, bill us! We'll pay it, or dispute it, and if it's disputed, that's what lawyers are for. Your accusations of thievery are ludicrious and again, are baseless.

Concerning the Trusteeship paperwork signed by Hoffa.

It is my understanding that IBT has no authority to place 1108 under trusteeship.... if so this document was not forged but ginned up (invalid) and was used to gain control of the funds.

Slave,

Why did IBT use a false document to trick the bank and to gain control of monies coming from Netjets?

Could it be they did not want the NJ reps (afterall NJA pilots were still part of 1108 on July 7 and 8 and still entitled to access to 1108 funds on those dates) to know what they were doing?

Last edited:
Concerning the Trusteeship paperwork signed by Hoffa.

It is my understanding that IBT has no authority to place 1108 under trusteeship.... if so this document was not forged but ginned up (invalid) and was used to gain control of the funds.

Slave,

Why did IBT use a false document to trick the bank and to gain control of monies coming from Netjets?

Could it be they did not want the NJ reps (afterall NJA pilots were still part of 1108 on July 7 and 8) to know what they were doing?

It is MY understanding that the IBT can place any Local in trusteeship whenever the GP thinks it is necessary.

And the two FO MEC members, who were members of the e-Board and would remain so after the split, were authorized by the GP to take control of those accounts. I can't speak to a document I've only heard about and not personally seen, but if it was done under the authorization of the GP, rather than without his consent, I think you're barking up a tree no one will care about. It was done so at a time the GP thought it necessary. From the response, I'm starting to assume he was correct in doing so. Why, what were the NJASAP pilots going to do with that money? It belongs and is still in the control of the 1108, which is what those accounts were for. You act like money was "taken", when in fact, it wasn't. It's still right where it is supposed to be. You just must be an 1108 member on the account to access it.

Again, I find it suspicious that there are those among the NJASAP pilot group that feel "they" deserve access to funds of a Union they are no longer part of.

Regardless, here's the bottom line - if the NJASAP leadership thinks some of those funds (all of which are IBT 1108 accounts) should be in the hands of the NJASAP leadership instead of the 1108, then submit the request to the IBT 1108 with an explanation of why that money should be transferred.

No one's taken anything. All the money is right where it should be - in the control of the 1108. Sorry that upsets you.

Last edited:
Gentlemen and Ladies

I suggest we stop posting on this thread right now. This seems to be a matter for the courts, not us, to decide. I know my MEC, honorable and trustworthy all. I've even met, in person, many of the NJ leadership and unless I'm a total dupe they are honorable and trustworthy as well. The 70 RIF'd pilots need this to stop. The underpaid and overworked FO pilots need this to stop. If you don't think our management isn't going to wring the last bit of mileage out of this then you don't Mikey and F&H very well. So please let's let this thread die and if this needs to go to court so be it.
Thanks

You Speak of By-Laws

As the Former President of a Local Fraternity which was part of a National Fraternity, I can tell you that our "Local" had a set of By-Laws, and our National had a set of By-Laws.

Care to guess who's By-Laws trumped who's?

You got it; the National By-Laws took precidence over the Local By-Laws EVERY TIME.

It's part of being a Member of a National Organization.

The NetJets Pilots will no longer have to worry about such conflicts in their future, they have cut the cord.

But that does not mean the Flight Options Pilots no longer need to work hand in hand with our National. We are obligated to do so; and frankly, when it comes to having access to funds that should have no longer been under the NetJets Pilots control, I am glad our Leadership stepped into make the changes for authorized signatures.

We are dealing with individuals on both sides of this conflict. Individuals can at times do the wrong things if given the opportunity. Now, the funds which rightfully belong to the CURRENT Members of the IBT 1108 are Secured; those are funds the Flight Options Pilots will indeed need to complete their battle for a First Contract.

I for one, sleep better knowing these funds are now controlled by the Current Leadership of the IBT 1108, not by the Former Leadership of the IBT 1108. And it has nothing to do with any sort of distrust of the former leadership; it has everything to do with the responsible behavior My Leadership has demonstrated to secure the funds of My Local.

Thank you Mat S. and AJ M., President and Treasurer of the IBT local 1108.

Freedom is Not Free

You know i'm not angry at the FO pilots, I'm angry at their leadership. Biting the hand that helped them along for so long.

I can't imagine that FO pilots would stand up for this type of corruption in their leadership. They are very honest and straightforward pilots and i would hate to see their reputation tarnished by the acts of two.

Especially if those actions had far reaching consequences to the rest of the FO pilot group.

A real shame.

Read it then.

Yeah. Paragraph B. (1) is the ONLY monies NJASAP is entitled to. No one's going to deny the NJASAP pilots the monies (which is a LOAN) they are entitled to, Fozzy. It just will be done with a check signed by a CURRENT member of the IBT 1108, not a former one.

All that the 2 FO MEC members did was to assure that B. (6) was complied with in regards to CONTROL of the accounts. The FO MEC has not to my knowledge denied paying what's agreed to in B.1 and 3. If it hasn't happened yet that doesn't mean it's not going to happen. That's all I can speak to.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back