Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I wonder how long this one will take to "disappear".....SWA bashing! YEAH BABY!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have written this many many many times before and I will write it....again. I used to really want to work for SWA. I am not "too macho" to admit it. I really really wanted it.......badly. They gave it to someone that told me personally "I don't want to fly a f***in 737 my entire life". If you claim I am bitter, then so be it. I was bitter about that for a long time. You are right, they did a good job since they didn't pick me for it because I would be a senior FO there and it would have been hard to leave that for UPS's 26K a year. I am much happier they way things turned out. You know that Garth Brooks song "Unanswered Prayers"? Well, that song rings so true. Maybe they are so good in the People Department that they could see the future....that the last thing I would want is to be at a passenger carrier. I have many many other reasons for being bitter with SWA but bitterness that I don't work there now is NOT one of them. Sorry to burst your bubble.

That's what I thought...and you are right it is respectful for you to come out and admitt it. It worked out for you big time...no one I know likes to get told no. I just notice you are the first to bash SWA when given the opportunity. There are differences between all the carriers but if a pilot makes it to UPS, FedEx, SWA, CAL, AA, DL, UAL, NWA, JB...then why does it matter? All of these carriers go through good and bad times. They will take turns battling for first or last place. The only difference between a pilot at UPS and SWA was timing. Either way it worked out for you...and either way you would be happy whether at SWA or UPS. Life is what you make of it right? A plane is a plane no matter who paints it...at this level it is as good as it gets...they just do things differently that's all.

Wow... you guys need a hobby.... every try making beer or something?

I just notice you are the first to bash SWA when given the opportunity. Either way it worked out for you...and either way you would be happy whether at SWA or UPS.

Well a big part of that is probably the stupid sheer joy that I get from some of the SWA guys on here getting their panties in a tangle when I say something about SWA. I actually have found it funny over time. They always get so defensive like I am ripping on their mother or something. I will say that I have recently lost a friend because of their "loyalty" to SWA. It's a long story and I would have to tell you about it to make any sense. That really doesn't help matters either. I am sure if I was working at SWA I would love it (besides for the passengers) but it definitely turned out for the best for me.

Ok....enough of the sensitive honest talk.....let's get back to ticket prices! WTFO???? :bawling:

Last edited:
Well a big part of that is probably the stupid sheer joy that I get from some of the SWA guys on here getting their panties in a tangle when I say something about SWA. I actually have found it funny over time. They always get so defensive like I am ripping on their mother or something. I will say that I have recently lost a friend because of their "loyalty" to SWA. It's a long story and I would have to tell you about it to make any sense. That really doesn't help matters either. I am sure if I was working at SWA I would love it (besides for the passengers) but it definitely turned out for the best for me.

Ok....enough of the sensitive honest talk.....let's get back to ticket prices! WTFO???? :bawling:

Hey Meg: Your moms cute. :D

She is starting to make the SW hiring folks look a whole lot smarter.

How old are you again Capt?

FJ

Nothing personal against you, but they didn't do a good job when they hired that SWA FO idiot. Yep, I did get denied once. But then again, who hasn't...;)

Last edited:
Thanks bro!

I did interview for a Women in Aviation SWA 737 scholarship once and I didn't get it. They gave it to someone who didn't even want it.

That pretty much sums it up. Kinda like an essay contest on why you want to be a pilot to secure a DC-9 type and job at NW.

Sorry, everyone, couldn't resist. Let the PC patrol tide begin to surge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back