Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I wonder how long this one will take to "disappear".....SWA bashing! YEAH BABY!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused(I usually am). What your saying is that if the fares were more expensive then UPS would pay but since they are so cheap they wont pay?

Let me get this straight? You get a paid ticket to get to work and you're bitching cause it aint enough? And if you jumpseat what happens to the stipen that UPS gave you for that DH?

Gup

Let me get this straight? You get a paid ticket to get to work and you're bitching cause it aint enough? And if you jumpseat what happens to the stipen that UPS gave you for that DH?

Gup

Wow! You guys without knowledge of how UPS gets their crews into and out of position for trips astound me.

If a commuter, who does not live in their Louisville domicile, gets a trip that begins and ends in ONT then they get company paid travel into and out of ONT via airline. They then can trade that ticket value for a ticket to their home

If the original ticket is on SWA but SWA does not serve their hometown, out of pocket expenses are a paid for a positive space ticket.

GuppyWN,

Your sarcastic comment is arrogant at best. Freight dogs at UPS make squat the first year and can use all the help they can get.

Last edited:
Wow! You guys without knowledge of how UPS get their crews into and out of position for trips is astonishing.

If a commuter, who does not live in their Louisville domicile, gets a trip that begins and ends in ONT then they get company paid travel into and out of ONT via airline. They then can trade that ticket value for a ticket to their home

If the original ticket is on SWA but SWA does not serve their hometown, out of pocket expenses are a paid for a positive space ticket.

GuppyWN,

Your sarcastic comment is arrogant at best. Freight dogs at UPS make squat the first year and can use all the help they can get.

Congrats...it only took 5 pages before somebody CLEARLY explained what the intent of this thread is about.

Nothing personal against you, but they didn't do a good job when they hired that SWA FO idiot. Yep, I did get denied once. But then again, who hasn't...;)

Hey now, I didn't say they were perfect!

We are in violent agreement.

FJ

No, I am not going to pay the difference because the difference is usually $300-$500!

That was your chance to "save" the industry. You could have pumped that extra money into an airline and they could invest into their employees.

Nothing personal against you, but they didn't do a good job when they hired that SWA FO idiot. Yep, I did get denied once. But then again, who hasn't...;)

Not me dumba$$, I got in my first time. :D Oh, and Auburn sucks..

Last edited:
So back to my question. What happens if you don't take the flight? Do you get to keep the cash?

Of course I don't know how you're system works. You're coworker didn't exactly do a stellar job of explaning it.

All I know is that I don't get a paid ride to and from a DH. I like that about you. Even if you were a jerk about it.

Trust me bro. You'll know when I'm being sarastic.

Gup

Gup: I don't know for sure about Brown, but I'd guess their rules are similar to ours at Purple. If you don't use all of you deadhead money for tickets or other approved deviation travel expenses (airport parking, taxis, etc) that month (or the next) then the company saves the money. The pilot doesn't get to "pocket" the leftover amount.

Again, I'm only guessing that Brown works this way as well.

FJ

Well, I have written this many many many times before and I will write it....again. I used to really want to work for SWA. I am not "too macho" to admit it. I really really wanted it.......badly. They gave it to someone that told me personally "I don't want to fly a f***in 737 my entire life". If you claim I am bitter, then so be it. I was bitter about that for a long time. You are right, they did a good job since they didn't pick me for it because I would be a senior FO there and it would have been hard to leave that for UPS's 26K a year. I am much happier they way things turned out. You know that Garth Brooks song "Unanswered Prayers"? Well, that song rings so true. Maybe they are so good in the People Department that they could see the future....that the last thing I would want is to be at a passenger carrier. I have many many other reasons for being bitter with SWA but bitterness that I don't work there now is NOT one of them. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Your "Capt. Megadeth" and you just referred to a Garth Brooks tune!! What would Dave Mustaine think about that?

The difference is $300-$500? You live in ANC or HNL? That's a lot of dough...Is it based on full-fare, walk up everytime? You get the miles, right?

So back to my question. What happens if you don't take the flight? Do you get to keep the cash?

Of course I don't know how you're system works. You're coworker didn't exactly do a stellar job of explaning it.

All I know is that I don't get a paid ride to and from a DH. I like that about you. Even if you were a jerk about it.

Trust me bro. You'll know when I'm being sarastic.

Gup

Sorry. I'm getting used to the likes of SWA/FO...

Don't get to keep the cash. Just use it for approved expenses.

Gup, you're alright. Thanks for not flaming my too harsh response to you. I take it all back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back