• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I need copies of CBAs from other carriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought sw or spirit was the walmart of the airline industry? If it's so bad there, why not simply vote a union in? Isn't it just 51% to say yes? Or is management smarter than the 51%?

Right now it's kind of a poker game. Cards are being collected but it's not a formal drive and we want to make damn sure that this time we have the votes, unlike the past two union attempts.

Plus there is still the whole propaganda thing. This company has on retainer PR firms that spout happy-horse***t propaganda on a daily basis. We're afraid there might still be too many koolaid drinkers on the property.

I thought sw or spirit was the walmart of the airline industry? If it's so bad there, why not simply vote a union in? Isn't it just 51% to say yes? Or is management smarter than the 51%?

Fortunately many have finally seen the light. The third time will be the charm. Send in a card. Tell your friends to send in a card.

Why fund ALPA when you could start an in-house union?

If management "offers" to "help" us form an in-house union it will be nothing more than a trojan horse. Beware of executives bearing gifts to its employees.

Also, an in-house union will be weak and way underfunded. CBAs mean nothing without a legitimate way of enforcing them.

If management "offers" to "help" us form an in-house union it will be nothing more than a trojan horse. Beware of executives bearing gifts to its employees.

Also, an in-house union will be weak and way underfunded. CBAs mean nothing without a legitimate way of enforcing them.

Not sure this is or has to be true. American has an in-house union. Southwest pilots have always had an in-house union, even when we were JetBlue's size. We only have 1% dues, and we always have enough money. in fact, our reserve fund is getting so big, they're talking about a dues holiday or reduction. Guess it all depends.

Bubba

Not sure this is or has to be true. American has an in-house union. Southwest pilots have always had an in-house union, even when we were JetBlue's size. We only have 1% dues, and we always have enough money. in fact, our reserve fund is getting so big, they're talking about a dues holiday or reduction. Guess it all depends.

Bubba

One major reason SWA's In House works is because Herb Kelleher welcomed it. Therefore, the SWA pilots benefitted from being able to build a stong In House union while also having a labor friendly relationship with management. JetBlue's management is extremely anti-union and would crush another In House drive, as they did a few years ago.

American Airlines' pilots were formerly represented by ALPA for many years and therefore already had a strong foundation from which to start the APA.

JetBlue pilots have absolutely nothing. ALPA is our fastest and best route to a CBA at this point in time. We need representation yesterday. As each day passes without representation, this pilot group becomes more and more vulnerable.

Send in a card. Tell your friends to send in a card.

This ^^^^^^^^

In-house union at bluejet is DOA.

One major reason SWA's In House works is because Herb Kelleher welcomed it. Therefore, the SWA pilots benefitted from being able to build a stong In House union while also having a labor friendly relationship with management. JetBlue's management is extremely anti-union and would crush another In House drive, as they did a few years ago.

American Airlines' pilots were formerly represented by ALPA for many years and therefore already had a strong foundation from which to start the APA.

JetBlue pilots have absolutely nothing. ALPA is our fastest and best route to a CBA at this point in time. We need representation yesterday. As each day passes without representation, this pilot group becomes more and more vulnerable.

Send in a card. Tell your friends to send in a card.

Not disagreeing with you, as I'm not there. And I believe you that your management can be anti-union, but how can your company "crush another in-house drive," but have to allow an ALPA drive? Wouldn't it be the same process?

Bubba

Not disagreeing with you, as I'm not there. And I believe you that your management can be anti-union, but how can your company "crush another in-house drive," but have to allow an ALPA drive?

They're not "allowing" jack spit. They fight a daily battle against unions of all sorts. But if they perceive that a pilot union is inevitable, their next move would be to "concede" victory and set up and fund a captive union based on the weak "representative" structure already in place. The structure has the appearance of supporting pilot interests but has no voice and no teeth. Turning this into a captive in-house is just one propaganda push away. We've got plenty of pilots who are more interested in the appearance of security than in dealing with the reality of our situation, and are primed to be lulled to sleep again.

Latest resources

Back