• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I have never...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After a full stop landing...I have never taken off with full flaps in a 152 on my tower solo. Only to return to the ground 2 more times before realizing why i wasn't climbing.

Never after a full stop landing... taken off with full flaps in a barron and began to porpoise.

Never taxied slowly in our barron to log more multi time. (We pay by hobbs time, hobbs turns off upon Weight on wheels)

Never after not flight instructing for 4 months returned to my home airport and had trouble finding the airport after returning from a training flight in the practice area.

Never after thinking I should go around thinking, naw I can still make it.

After learning one engine on our baron won't feather said "we can still go, if we lose an engine we can set zero thrust"

...More to come as I remember, or do more flying this week

Last edited:
paulsalem said:
Never after a full stop landing... taken off with full flaps in a barron and began to porpoise.

Aaahh, that explains it. I must have been behind you last week at FXE when you taxied off rwy 8 on B and took 20min to get to Banyon FBO (About 3/4 mile).

I've never...

I've never...
Flown w/o company ID;
Flown w/o my wallet... containing cert & med;
Flown w/o an alternate IFR;
Flown w/o charts;
Flown w/o checking weather;
Flown w/o pre-flight;
Flown w/o alt fuel;
Flown w/o checking my brain and attitude;
Man, I'm glad I never did any of that.

I have never ...

... recreated that video with the Spitfire and the news reporter, with a few buddies of mine.

... yelled WOOP WOOP SINK RATE, WOOP WOOP SINK RATE into the pilot's mike in a 172 while he's transmitting. (K that one's going in the dork thread also...)

... said any Top Gun lines on tower freq. (ditto)

... been advised that there's a seat belt hanging out my right door ... after landing.

... tail striked.

... used a rolled-up sectional as an oil funnel

Last edited:
Arizona said:
I have never....
Almost been vectored into a mountain ouside of phoenix, then accidenatlly turned off the transponder and waited for the third call from ATC before responding.

Really I havn't. but heard about someone who might have.

Hahah, I know someone who didn't do this too, reportedly, the calls from ATC got pretty anxious.

I've never...

- Made a YYZ ground controller repeat taxi instructions and still couldn't get it right. Twice. First day of IOE.

- Forgot to turn off the strobes in the After Landing Checklist and parked at the gate. Three times.

- Forgot to bring up in the flaps in the same aforementioned checklist and parked at the gate. Twice. MKE and ATW.

- Forgot to close DC Tie during same checklist and when CA performs Thrust Lever cutoff, the Emergency Lights come on and get the double-ding. Never. Three times.

- Forgot the turn off the Engine Bleeds on shutdown only to not understand the Amber CAS message on the appropriate Systems Page. Four times.

- Forgot to reset the Manual Ground Spoilers deploy button and had a ramper tell me something's wrong with the plane. Never.

- Forgot the turn off the APU Master button. Twice. In the same day with the same Line Checkairman.

- Forgot required Vfe speeds and asked for flaps above those speeds.

- Misprogram the FMS numerous times and force the CA fly off in a direction we weren't supposed to go.

- Changed FGC modes while still in ASEL causing a ding and CAS message with the FGC to reverting to PIT mode.

- On a flight to OMA, respond to Chicago Center while audio panel button still on PA. Three times.

- On same aforementioned day on the return DIRECT OMA-MKE flight, tell the pax's we will be arriving in DSM in 30 mins.

- Very tired after a long day filled with delays, trying to land at night with ragged low ceilings and tower closed, misread the PFD and almost land on the wrong runway. Never.

- Forgot the required Visual Callouts on descent at 1000' and 500'.

- Forgot the required ILS final approach fix altitude callout.

- Called for clearance on Ops freq.

- Called for taxi on Ops freq.

- Called Departure on Tower. Can't count that high.

- Called Ops on Ground freq.

- Made a PA over Cleveland Center freq.

- Misdialed new freq on wrong radio going into BDL causing Boston Center to remind us to call BDL Approach. Once. On IOE.

- Violated Class D airspeed on departure. Twice.

- Got "behind the aircraft" on departure, forget to call Departure in a timely manner thereby forcing the CA to level off at 5000' on the MKE Brew2 departure. Twice.

- Forgot to get the airplane slowed to 250 prior to descending below Ten.

- Forgotten to put in enough aileron on a cross-wind landing causing the DoJet to wallow down the runway.

- Forgot to observe sterile cockpit procedures during taxi on a Captain Line check by making the comment about America West's PIC hiring requirements. Never.

- Gotten JOKINGLY whacked by the Line Checkairman's notebook in the aforementioned Line Check. Never.

- Still gotten laughed at by Captain and Line Checkairman for the sterile cockpit brain-cramp after landing at the destination during the still aforementioned Line Check. 90 minutes later.

- Forgot to "check-in" on crew computers forcing Crew Scheduling to call the lounge.

Nope, I've never done any of those things.

Peace

SF

Last edited:
... Had the previous airport's CTAF on comm 2 and the current airport's CTAF on comm 1 and made all of my radio calls on comm 2 for a landing, taxi back, and takeoff.... nope, never done that, no one saw me do it, you can't prove anything ;)

"Salinas traffic, Skyhawk 92E crossing the, uh...ah, the.. other runway"

Latest resources

Back