Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DC4boy

addicted user
I just lost my job. Schwarzenegger dropped the hammer here in Cali. and some massive budget cuts came out. Does'nt help to be at the bottom of the sienority list.

What's the number to that truck driving school? Truck Master's I think it was.........

DC4boy said:
I just lost my job. Schwarzenegger dropped the hammer here in Cali. and some massive budget cuts came out. Does'nt help to be at the bottom of the sienority list.

What's the number to that truck driving school? Truck Master's I think it was.........

Sorry.

What'd you do?

I was flying OV-10's for CDF, and I loved it. California is suffering severley due to however many year's of irresponsible, liberal spending. Hopefully Arnie's gonna fix thing's.

Luckily, I just got offerd a job flying Ag.

Edit: Poster is intoxicated

I think its more to do with Bush cutting federal funding to the states so he can give his rich friends a big tax cut than "liberal" spending.

Scott

And I had thought Dyncorp jobs were pretty safe, especially in fire. Sorry to hear that. I hope those who left Aero Union for Dyncorp to be new hires this year can go back. Any chance you can go back to Aeroflite?

Buddy of mine flies Medfly missions do you think they'll be affected? That OV-10 must be fun huh?

Sorry to hear about your job. Sounds like a fun one... but its a combination of things in CA that make for the short-fall:

- There was a substantial budget surplus in the late 90s thanks to dot-gone boom. So the state gets significantly less income now. Trouble is, the surplus (while it was there) was mis-managed (see below).

- There was a (hefty) vehicle registration tax that was cut by 2/3 under the last governor during the budget surplus. This was not a new law; it dated back to the 1930s; when he (Davis) tried to re-instate it, and send people's DMV bills from $100/yr to $300/yr (the numbers are only an example -- the tax is based on the vehicle's value, but roughly matches my $19k car), people went ape$hit. One of Arno's big campaign promises was to repeal "the car tax"... he did... but this was a significant loss to the state budget. I really don't like Arno for that. It was *not* a new tax.. just the temporary cut-back during good financial times of an old tax.

- The energy scam. California got scammed BIG TIME by the whole enron thing, to the tune of about $9B. They (enron, etc.) were cutting off power stations deliberately during the summer of 2000 to strong-arm California into paying higher rates. The former governor (not very wisely as hindsight shows) negotiated long-term energy contracts where the *state* pays the difference between "normal" power prices that citizens get charged in their monthly bills and what the power is actually purchased for from supplyers. These contracts now purchase power at MANY TIMES the market rate, and to my knowledge are still in effect. There has been some rumor that Arno is in on it, and refuses to push lawsuits to renegotiate or eliminate these contracts, or seek damages.

So..... Arno is good? I like how he calls legislators girlie men, but that is about it. The jury is still out on whether he's a crook or not in my book, and I'm leaning towards crook.

sstearns2 said:
I think its more to do with Bush cutting federal funding to the states so he can give his rich friends a big tax cut than "liberal" spending.

Scott

Got proof?

Tina Fey,

You are either in college and if that is the case stop wasting time posting here and go hook up with some frat boy, or you work at Mcdonalds because based on the ideas reflected in your post you do not have a real job. When you grow up and get a real job you will understand the conservative view until then stay beside the campfire, passing around a fattie, wearing your hemp sandels singing "yellow submarine" and stop posting your liberal drivel here it is getting annoying.

Dirt

Latest resources

Back