• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I do about 60 releases a day ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At OO we do all performance planning for T.O, enroute limitations, and Landing.

at a 747 cargo airline....if we did 8 a day that was alot....but remember none of our flights are canned routes....everyday we rebuild the mountian///and nothing is a real schedule....so on avg a disp can do 2 pacific/2 southamerica/3 middle east and if you had a europe flight in there you were screwed!!!!

I do between 30-40 releases a day

Here at OH we do between 30-40 releases and we take over maybe 10-12 releases that is on an average day with everybody being here (15) dispatchers. If we only have 13 then our workload goes up. We are not regionalized here either so we could have Florida flights or NYC flights, just depends on who does the schedule the night before

At my 121 carrier, days does 14 releases, afternoons does 3 releases.

We only have 3 airplanes, however (doubling by the end of the month to 6)

We have SABRE Dispatch Manager, with APG Performance (I hate APG)

9e

We do around 50 releases a day per dispatcher depending on how many people call in dead and how many shifts are open and not filled. I picked up 30 extra flights one day last week on top of my usual workload because the PM crew claimed they were "swamped" with 45-50 flights and couldn't handle the "extra" workload.

I used to do 90-100 releases a day when I started at 9E so no big deal. The newbies aren't used to that.

Just for info, we type all of our crew names in manually on each individual release for each flight every day. We have to print out a flight crew list for each shift that comes in. Crew scheduling rarely tells us about crew swaps/changes also. It gets fun.

Last edited:
exactlywrong said:
405 ... I think you take the prize. Print out a crew list ?

Yep. When I get to work in the morning I have to print out a list of every 9E flight for that day with the assigned crews from the crew scheduling program and make a copy for the other dispatcher that comes in at the same time I do. This happens every time any shift starts. We go through a lot of paper at this company. It's totally inefficient and stupid.

The real fun begins when someone prints out a list for the wrong day, we get about an hour and a half into the shift and the crews start calling for amendments for all the crew names. That's some good times right there.

Last edited:
With 90-100 releases in a shift, how in the world can you even monitor your flights? That's just a "send it and forget it" type of environment.

SKC said:
With 90-100 releases in a shift, how in the world can you even monitor your flights? That's just a "send it and forget it" type of environment.

We USED to do 90-100 in a day. Now we only do around 50.

Latest resources

Back