I do about 60 releases a day ...

exactlywrong

Paper Pusher
Total Time
9 yrs
With aircraft changes, sick calls, ferry/repo flights, and occasional charters it can actually go higher than that.

Curious as to see how many releases you folks do a day ...

flyjumpseat

desk driver
Total Time
10+
Picked up 25 as soon as I sat down an hour and a half ago and got 56 of my own to do for the shift.

Already re-did 2 for tail swaps.

Light day today.

Will get more passdowns as shifts depart throughout the rest of the PM.

Last edited:

SKC

Total Time
Heck, I certainly don't worry about # of flights here. The heaviest load you'll typically see during the busy season (winter) is maybe 20 releases in an 8 hr shift, and most of those are 3-5 hr legs.

exactlywrong

Paper Pusher
Total Time
9 yrs
Fly ? 56 of your own PLUS another 25 ? Good God man. PLease tell me your not using Bornemann.

boeing76

Total Time
some
65 realeases to start the shift. That is typical here. And of course that doesn't include swaps, repos, diversion recovery, or flow. Gotta love it.

Markm1811

you did what Capt ??
Total Time
102hrs
Number of releases

Between 40 - 50 over the night shift (release all in a 3 hour window) less over the weekend
AM's get between 50-70 plus with a call in they may split a sector
Not sure about PM's ( they seem to get a lot of handoffs)

Our Asst MAnager is working to try to equal the load though..

Midnight Brit
Coming to you on ACARS 4 nights a week.

Crusecntl

Total Time
N/A
Hello, I'm new to the board. I worked to day and did 60 releases. 1 was a diversion recovery and 1 was a tail swap. However that number is down from the normal level as my company has a bunch of aircraft down at present. When I first started spring of last year, if you worked the ORD day shift desk, you could do 90+ releases in a 10 hour shift easy.

flyjumpseat

desk driver
Total Time
10+
Sabre AirOps Dispatch Monitor

62 on the desk today. I'll update with the passdown/passoffs I get a bit later.

EDIT: 21 passdowns/passoffs.

Last edited:

homerjdispatch

Gods gift to dispatch
Total Time
a lot
66 here today on my desk.
Plus the passdowns to come.

SKC

Total Time
We have Bornemann for FliteTrac
Aerodata performance
Jepp OpsControl for flt planning

Crews keep perf book on a/c, ours are in electronic format.

homerjdispatch

Gods gift to dispatch
Total Time
a lot
At OO we do all performance planning for T.O, enroute limitations, and Landing.

twabudman

Total Time
10K+
at a 747 cargo airline....if we did 8 a day that was alot....but remember none of our flights are canned routes....everyday we rebuild the mountian///and nothing is a real schedule....so on avg a disp can do 2 pacific/2 southamerica/3 middle east and if you had a europe flight in there you were screwed!!!!

comair1048

A Dispatcher
Total Time
2 yrs
I do between 30-40 releases a day

Here at OH we do between 30-40 releases and we take over maybe 10-12 releases that is on an average day with everybody being here (15) dispatchers. If we only have 13 then our workload goes up. We are not regionalized here either so we could have Florida flights or NYC flights, just depends on who does the schedule the night before

dispatchguy

Dad is my favorite title
Total Time
NIL
At my 121 carrier, days does 14 releases, afternoons does 3 releases.

We only have 3 airplanes, however (doubling by the end of the month to 6)

We have SABRE Dispatch Manager, with APG Performance (I hate APG)

Total Time
A lot.
9e

We do around 50 releases a day per dispatcher depending on how many people call in dead and how many shifts are open and not filled. I picked up 30 extra flights one day last week on top of my usual workload because the PM crew claimed they were "swamped" with 45-50 flights and couldn't handle the "extra" workload.

I used to do 90-100 releases a day when I started at 9E so no big deal. The newbies aren't used to that.

Just for info, we type all of our crew names in manually on each individual release for each flight every day. We have to print out a flight crew list for each shift that comes in. Crew scheduling rarely tells us about crew swaps/changes also. It gets fun.

Last edited:

Total Time
A lot.
exactlywrong said:
405 ... I think you take the prize. Print out a crew list ?
Yep. When I get to work in the morning I have to print out a list of every 9E flight for that day with the assigned crews from the crew scheduling program and make a copy for the other dispatcher that comes in at the same time I do. This happens every time any shift starts. We go through a lot of paper at this company. It's totally inefficient and stupid.

The real fun begins when someone prints out a list for the wrong day, we get about an hour and a half into the shift and the crews start calling for amendments for all the crew names. That's some good times right there.

Last edited:

SKC

Total Time
With 90-100 releases in a shift, how in the world can you even monitor your flights? That's just a "send it and forget it" type of environment.

Total Time
A lot.
SKC said:
With 90-100 releases in a shift, how in the world can you even monitor your flights? That's just a "send it and forget it" type of environment.
We USED to do 90-100 in a day. Now we only do around 50.

SKC

Total Time
I'm assuming that's the reason they changed it?