I do about 60 releases a day ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
homerjdispatch said:
37+9= 46 What about the other 10 releases?

They will not have taken off yet, giving the relieving dispatcher the opportunity to make any changes he sees fit.

U work at NAO 'eh??

I usrd to worka at a place that handled yer suntrips flights. I always liked the 15 minute radio call that the crews sent after getting off the ground.

Why are all of your airplanes in kilos?

Yea, our crews have to relay the departure info to the ground handlers cos we're too cheap to have ACARS
We're using kilos because of all the lovely places in the world that we go to that don't use lbs. We do a lot of AMC flying, so we go to the Middle East, etc, so the for ease of operations they decided to use kilos.

agreed on the kilos thing....Intl airlines use kilos and not lbs....

too bad yr dispatch mngr doesnt know a thing...I feel sorry for u !!!

twabudman said:
agreed on the kilos thing....Intl airlines use kilos and not lbs....

We use both, as some aircraft are based on kgs, while others are lbs. AMC or not we don't change just for the location. If they get a lbs aircraft, they deal in lbs, etc.

SKC said:
We use both, as some aircraft are based on kgs, while others are lbs. AMC or not we don't change just for the location. If they get a lbs aircraft, they deal in lbs, etc.

Both? I can see how that can get confusing.
I was sitting in with the new hire class of pilots over here and most of those guys are straight from the regionals, and they were all groanin n moaning about switching to the metric system.
You know, come to think of it AMC themselves use lbs. We just use metric for ease of comm with ground handlers worldwide

I guess

Latest resources

Back