• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I do about 60 releases a day ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In my travels, I have been surprised at how many SOC's are like this.....fly and forget.....I am glad that some airlines have flight followers to help out...90 to 100 are crazy.....The FAA should step in in that OPeration...they know its impossible to follow that flt load....

We've grown so much over the past five years, they had to change it. I'm not saying we had 90-100 releases every day but it wasn't uncommon. These days, we're understaffed so we may do 70-75 if we have a sick call or an open slot on the schedule gets looked over but most days each dispatcher has around 50 flights to release.

rvsm410 said:
In my travels, I have been surprised at how many SOC's are like this.....fly and forget.....I am glad that some airlines have flight followers to help out...90 to 100 are crazy.....The FAA should step in in that Operation...they know its impossible to follow that flt load....

The FAA has already been there and seen our operation. Like I've stated twice before, it has gotten a lot better than it was.

And it's not "Fly and Forget" or "Tap Tap Send", it's "Release, File, Forget". That's what we used to call it.

Last edited:
Sorry Not Knocking you're operation, I was only replying to your post of 90 to 100 releases per shift....

Back in the day @ATL..you guess, we avg 60 per shift....I felt it was a bit much to do everything per the Regs..but as I got faster I was also able to devide my IFR/VFR work load so I could pay attention to the guys that really needed it....even so it was tough when the Wx was bad...I am gald to see my airline has ATC coordinators which really helps us expedite certain flight requests through the system, especially in the NE...its been a bear lately with all that rain....cant wait till winter!

rvsm410 said:
Sorry Not Knocking you're operation, I was only replying to your post of 90 to 100 releases per shift....

Back in the day @ATL..you guess, we avg 60 per shift....I felt it was a bit much to do everything per the Regs..but as I got faster I was also able to devide my IFR/VFR work load so I could pay attention to the guys that really needed it....even so it was tough when the Wx was bad...I am gald to see my airline has ATC coordinators which really helps us expedite certain flight requests through the system, especially in the NE...its been a bear lately with all that rain....cant wait till winter!

I don't mind anyone knocking our operation. It needs improvement. Any improvements that were supposed to happen are on the back burner with NW's BK going on.

Today I will prepare 56 dispatch releases. During my shift 37 flights will takeoff & land. 9 flights will be in the air when I turn over to my relief.

I don't like to think of it in terms of "How many releases?".

Today I will prepare 56 dispatch releases. During my shift 37 flights will takeoff & land. 9 flights will be in the air when I turn over to my relief.

hoover said:

37+9= 46 What about the other 10 releases?

Latest resources

Back