I am being sued

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sqwkvfr said:
Start a pig or dairy farm right next to the airstrip....they'll forgot about that runway faster than you can say, "What in the HELL is that smell?!?"

:D
Exactly...it's time to get O.B.N.O.X.I.O.U.S. on these jive turkey's! Where do I sign up?

I'll toss you 20.00 bucks on the defense fund? It's a small amount, but I dig what the property owner is going through. If you run into doo doo on the defense fund...suggest something here if the moderators will accept it. Pay-pal?

Last edited:
Uh yeah, I don't think harrassing them is going to be the best course of action.

AOPA Legal is probably the best suggestion in this thread... also, start researching the laws in your state.

Burn their house down. That gives them the option to move. If they choose to rebuild, you can tell the courts they elected to build a house knowing very well that you had an airstrip in the area.

You win!

That will be $100, thank you.

I'm in for $50 on the defense fund and I'll volunteer a few hours a week for the pig farm. My caveat on the pig farm is free ham and bacon at slaughtering time.:D

Seriously, I believe a counter-suit would be in order for harassment. You can point out that their lawnmowers produce more continuous noise than a 172. Hey, is your strip long enough for a Merlin or a Turbo Commander? That should teach them something about noise.

I doubt that any judge will surmise how an airstrip that is not adjacent to their property can devalue the same. Aren't there any trees between your property and theirs? Devaluing has more to do with line-of-sight issues rather than "use" issues (i.e. junkyard next to a golf course.) I would venture to say that your attorney could argue the frivolity of this suit if your airstrip is not visible from their property; hence your grounds for a counter-suit.

Just my humble and probably ridiculous opinion.

flydaddy

DX Rick said:
Burn their house down. That gives them the option to move. If they choose to rebuild, you can tell the courts they elected to build a house knowing very well that you had an airstrip in the area.

You win!

That will be $100, thank you.

And I will take 1500 to replace my work computer because I just spit diet coke all over it I was laughing so hard! haha

Set up chicken houses all along the runway on both sides. Don't clean them but provide PLENTY of food. Make them beg for airplane noise.

I believe they used that argument ( airport devalues property) against the Santa Monica airport a couple years ago until some persistant airport supporter did a study involving the big realtors in the neighborhood, The result... House prices actually were higher in the area's immediately surrounding the airport and have had higher than normal ( average) appreciation when compared to other houses in the neighborhood. Contact aopa legal and start the pig farm anyway.

I live in LaGrange, Kentucky. Its a 2100' grass strip. And yes their are trees between us. And speaking of the pro bono work, the lawer for the people that are sueing us is their dad. I will call AOPA though, I am a member of the legal services plan too, I guess that might help.

Last edited:
I believe they used that argument ( airport devalues property) against the Santa Monica airport a couple years ago until some persistant airport supporter did a study involving the big realtors in the neighborhood, The result... House prices actually were higher in the area's immediately surrounding the airport and have had higher than normal ( average) appreciation when compared to other houses in the neighborhood.

Sounds like the best idea.

Latest resources

Back