• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I am being sued

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is pretty much finished now, just waiting on some grass to grow, and we are about 5000 into it, mostly just all dozer work, taking out trees and filling in some spots. And I got them to agree to an operation was a landing and take off, so 10 landings and 10 takeoffs per week.

I think you should consider writing a nice letter to the editor of your local newspaper, explaining all that you explained here, and all the effort you are taking to be as unobtrusive as possible and the desire to be a good neighbor.

gkrangers said:
Bad idea, then EVERYONE in the town will hate him.

Airports are evil.

agreed... i wouldn't be surprised if the neighbors in question didn't already contact the local news paper.

I'm guessing the news papers don't care about a private strip. Not news worthy.

avbug said:
You may be thinking of the traditional "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness..."

That's a common misconception. The correct rendering was "life, liberty, and the pursuit of property."

I don't believe there were ever any constitutional gaurantees or promises of happiness.

I believe you are correct about no constitutional gaurantee, but I was making an abridged quote from the Declaration of Independence. (I still think he should see how much they are willing to pay him for his losses.)

FlyJordan said:
I think I need a good lawer, I am being sued for having my air strip, some dickfers that live about a mile away figured it would be cool to say that it devalues their proprerty and is a danger to them (We dont even fly over their freaking houses). So they are trying to take my airstrip away from me, they are trying to get the planning and zoning to repeal the approval. Any advise? Seems like a threat to GA to me.

Your neighbor's name doesn't happen to be Richard M. Daley, by any chance?

FlyJordan said:
It is pretty much finished now, just waiting on some grass to grow, and we are about 5000 into it, mostly just all dozer work, taking out trees and filling in some spots. And I got them to agree to an operation was a landing and take off, so 10 landings and 10 takeoffs per week.

just curious... are you within any city's 'city limits' ?

FlyJordan said:
I think I need a good lawer, I am being sued for having my air strip, some dickfers that live about a mile away figured it would be cool to say that it devalues their proprerty and is a danger to them (We dont even fly over their freaking houses). So they are trying to take my airstrip away from me, they are trying to get the planning and zoning to repeal the approval. Any advise? Seems like a threat to GA to me.

Ok...Ok, since nobody asked. Whats a Dickfer?

omg, you all dont know what a dicks for?

HAHA, and no its not daley, and no we are not within city limits. But we are pretty close. About 1/2 mile from the limits.

Latest resources

Back