• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HR5449 (ATC contract)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hate to say it, but I'm glad I left CTI school early to pursue a decent flying job.

Next step: User fees and privatiziation!

We need some vector trolls to chime in here regarding this. Are mass resignations really going to happen? If so, how many and how quickly?

Sorry to hear about this. God forbid the FAA negotiates in good faith.

Piper877 said:
We need some vector trolls to chime in here regarding this. Are mass resignations really going to happen? If so, how many and how quickly?

Sorry to hear about this. God forbid the FAA negotiates in good faith.

As a current CTI student...this blows...really blows...we all got shafted. Ill be doing the exact same job as everyone else...but making pennies for one of the most stressful jobs one can have. Talk about getting kicked in the gut, the FAA are idiots and Marion Blakely is an incompetant imbecile. The sad thing is i usually vote republican...im ashamed to say that now. My bung hole hurts from the ass raping CTI students just recieved.:angryfire :puke: :crying: :uzi: :bawling: :angryfire

Piper877 said:

No mass resignations - but a whole lot of retirements over the next three years or so. Mine included.

The system won't collapse. There won't be chaos in the skies. What there will be is a slow erosion of the margin of safety, as fewer, more fatigued controllers try to keep things afloat, while training new hires. One of the FAA's plans involves checking out new hires on just a couple of sectors, then letting them rot there. It'll be cheaper, since they won't have to pay partially qualified controllers as much as fully qualified controllers. But they will have only limited knowledge of what's going on around them, kind of like putting a guy in the right seat who knows how to raise and lower the landing gear and tune the radios, but that's all. He's a little handy, but leaves a lot of load on the guy who's in the left seat and has to do everything else. And do you think the FAA will put these partial controllers on the toughest sectors? No, of course not, they'll save them for the remaining fully qualified controllers, ratcheting their daily stress way up, and hastening their retirement.

The system is fragile enough already, as anyone who flys on a mid-summer thunderstorm day knows. It's going to just get a little more fragile.

Latest resources

Back