• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How USAPA's futile stand exacerbates the AA bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You seem to take the position that those guys enjoy making the salaries they do.

It definitely isn't a top priority to get them changed now is it? If they wanted to get a new contract asap they would recall USAPA's leadership and then move forward. Years later not one recall, I infer almost everyone is happy with status quo ( lowest in the industry).

Fubi- VA pays better than usair-
Their stand really needs to stop

Correct times 2. Talk about shooting the whole industry in the foot.

If someone can't spell on a third grade English level then I don't take their opinions too seriously.
Hey thatr is great news, I made it to fourth garde, I ahver to be an expert.

In about five years you west guys and gals will get your nic so calm down already.
That's USAPA's problem. They wanted to have control over the union, but didn't want to represent all the pilots fairly. I guess somebody should have sat those kids down and explained how unions work.

If you wanted the west to wait 5 years, you should have rejected USAPA and let the west file it's DFR with ALPA national.

(Hint: ALPA would have combined both sides under trusteeship, signed the Joint CBA and thrown the combined pilot group back into the sea to duke it out.)

You do know that the difference in upgrade time for angry F/O's is less than 2 years between Nic and no Nic, right? Ask Cleary about that.

That's USAPA's problem. They wanted to have control over the union, but didn't want to represent all the pilots fairly. I guess somebody should have sat those kids down and explained how unions work.

If you wanted the west to wait 5 years, you should have rejected USAPA and let the west file it's DFR with ALPA national. Maybe we should have but national gave the nic to the company so how would the alpa awa guys have any chance on winning a dfr against alpa?

(Hint: ALPA would have combined both sides under trusteeship, signed the Joint CBA and thrown the combined pilot group back into the sea to duke it out.) Hint: We knew this. Duke it out? Don't get what your trying to say, if national did this then we would be working under the kirby crap that the west loves so much, with the nic list and many of us were afraid that was going to happen. We were watching national remove our reps who were voted in by the membership so why would they have stopped there? We really thought we had to get rid of the alpa national problem. Ask APA, SWAPA , Teamsters, ALPA guys if they think their union is perfect. Ours isn't either.

You do know that the difference in upgrade time for angry F/O's is less than 2 years between Nic and no Nic, right? Ask Cleary about that. Yep, two years, that's all some had left except that the age 65 thing changed that paradigm. Pilots will never willingly give up one day of seniority and you think two years is good with us? When you finally get your nic and I'm retired come knocking on my door to try and get some of my pension. Everyone knows you have my adress and social security number.

Wait a minute I don't have a pension except from the Marine Corps.

You seem to take the position that those guys enjoy making the salaries they do.

No- but east pilots aren't doing anything to even get the ball rolling- they can't- a JCBA means accepting Nic-

Can someone from the east answer? How long will this go on?

Snap back isn't going to happen, so what's the next move?

Those contract improvements were on the table four years ago. FOUR.

No- but east pilots aren't doing anything to even get the ball rolling- they can't- a JCBA means accepting Nic- That's the point, we don't think we do have to accept the nic for more than one reason.

Can someone from the east answer? How long will this go on? Like I said in about five years there will be enough westies + neutrals (new hires) to be the majority.

Snap back isn't going to happen, so what's the next move? So Kasher called you and told you his answer...good one.

Those contract improvements were on the table four years ago. FOUR. They were not improvements unless you are looking at the pay rate section only which were tiny "improvements" but there is much more in a contract than that. There were parts that would have been devistating to both sides i.e. no utilization rates. We won an arbitration against management for violating the easts current rates recently so if it wasn't even in the contract to begin with what do you think management would do? Bingo you are right they would do what they want and have low rates for mainline aircraft. SWA have very high rates but our managemnt team must think they are stupid. There is only one way an aircraft produces revenue.

It has to be flying.

So are you resigned to accepting Nic?
And apologies- Im not completely informed- I thought snap back being denied had already happened-
What is taking so long?

And on a side note- why do judges always seem to take their time with labor improvements, but can be quick on the draw with cuts?
I wish we could sue the judges sometimes- if he hasn't made a decision yet- he certainly appears to be complicit with Parker- or paid off

So are you resigned to accepting Nic? Ya in about five years.
And apologies- Im not completely informed- I thought snap back being denied had already happened-
What is taking so long? No one knows, final briefs were given to him June 2010 after a six month arbitration.

And on a side note- why do judges always seem to take their time with labor improvements, but can be quick on the draw with cuts? No kiddin! it took the judge two months for him to slap a worthless injunction on us but we can't even get an answer one way or the other from the LOA 93 arb. BTW we don't consider it a snap back technically speaking but rather an experation of a pay "freeze". We will probably lose this but tell us already!!!
I wish we could sue the judges sometimes- if he hasn't made a decision yet- he certainly appears to be complicit with Parker- or paid off

Maybe but in my opinion both would have more to lose than gain.

Latest resources

Back