Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Knowing people

350DRIVER said:
It is great to lend a helping hand but proceed with caution.
No kidding, this is true even for people you THINK you know. But then I just had someone I referred for a job leave after a few months without a even "good-bye" or "go to hell".

Once burned, twice shy. :mad:

Bobbysamd,

Hope I'm wrong, but I think pilotyip is snubbing you. He's avoided the question twice.

Yeah . . . .

English said:
Hope I'm wrong, but I think pilotyip is snubbing you. He's avoided the question twice.
. . . . he's not the first (and it's only for discussion's sake). I eventually met and exceeded the mins for others and never heard from them, while other pilots I knew who had less time got interviews and were hired - something I never understood, though I have my theories. Read my other stories.

It's nice to know that in these troubled times that some things don't change.

Interview yes

Did not I say "I would interview him in a heartbeat with his time"? From his profile I would say he is trainable, from the posts I have seen he has been a gentleman, that would make him likeable, and lastly he has a high potential to be retainable. He has the hours to make Capt. in one year. Of course he would have to wait in seniority for Capt. once he had the time. An almost ideal candidate. Was there something else in the question I snubbed?

"Resume" "response"

pilotyip said:
Did not I say "I would interview him in a heartbeat with his time"? From his profile I would say he is trainable, from the posts I have seen he has been a gentleman, that would make him likeable, and lastly he has a high potential to be retainable. He has the hours to make Capt. in one year. Of course he would have to wait in seniority for Capt. once he had the time. An almost ideal candidate. Was there something else in the question I snubbed?
Thanks, Yip, for responding to my hypothetical and for providing a fair answer. And, yes, being older would make it probable that I would stay and provide a return on your training investment, and be able to contribute in other ways besides driving around the iron. The same message I tried to convey fourteen years ago.

Last edited:
Bobbysamd, this sounds like an invitation to apply. Maybe this could be your break back into flying?

only answering

Where not you the one who said I did not answer his question? We have never hired anyone who did not apply.

Wellllll . . . . .

English said:
Bobbysamd, this sounds like an invitation to apply. Maybe this could be your break back into flying?
I truly appreciate Yip's reply, but he has current pilots in his stack. I wouldn't even hire myself over someone who is current. Besides, my life has changed and, for better or worse, I am committed to what I do now - though I am always willing to talk to anyone who wants to talk to me. I just wanted to see if I could have rated an interview with his company, and I wanted to hear it from the man who hires. My non-interview, non-hiring stories are familiar to most regular readers.

Last edited:
Re: Wellllll . . . . .

bobbysamd said:

Bobby, you're only 21 posts away from equaling your total time. :D

Thanks for participating.

enigma

currency

Currency is not a show stopper we have hired guys who have been out of the cockpit for 10 years. If you are a professional pilot, TJ PIC, military, or 121 background, you have proven you can fly. It is like riding a bicycle, it comes back. When you go through a professional training program you can come back up to speed pretty quick. Military puts guys in non-flying slots for years at a time and then back into a cockpit slot with no problem. Currency is not a big deal to us. AE used to have requirement for 500 hours in the last year to apply. In 1996, I applied at AE and was not interviewed. I am not sure if my 452 Turbo prop PIC in the previous year disqualified me from the the right seat of a 340. Maybe they used it like the college degree, a means to cut down on the number of applications. I quess when times got tuff in the late 90's they dropped this rule.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back