Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow!

Really?

If so...that's sad on many levels, even if "disgust" is hyperbole.

Neither my passengers nor my management affects the way I view my profession or myself as a professional pilot. I'm an airline pilot, so I look and act like one. Period.

Huh? I didn't say anything about how I viewed my profession. Just how I view every single airport I fly into. If I defined myself through my passengers, then I'd be a Waffle House.

You look and act like an airline pilot? So you're fat and disheveled? More stickers on your navbag than a VW bus? You don't say hello to pilots that don't have ALPA lanyards around their necks? You have 2 ex-wives, a mistress, a girlfriend, three mortgages and you tell everyone you work with you ain't working till age 65? Actually believe yourself when you say you care about your junior brethren?

How bout a big "I don't get sarcasm" balloon floating over your head? You got one of those?

:D

It's mutual disgust then. I absolutely dislike most of the flying public because of this job. They dress poorly, they often smell, they are rude and sometimes violent. Oh -- and f'in fat and imbued with a undeserved sense of entitlement. It's as if a Western Sizzlin' just walked on to the airplane.

I agree with you about our typical clientle, especially considering everytime we push back a trailer park is empty. However I don't live in a trailer park so I take more pride in myself than that. I think most pilots, being educated people, tend to be above the typical average american in the way they present themselves.

I agree with you about our typical clientle, especially considering everytime we push back a trailer park is empty. However I don't live in a trailer park so I take more pride in myself than that. I think most pilots, being educated people, tend to be above the typical average american in the way they present themselves.

If you want to stare America in the face, you can spend a few days in an airport, or you can just gaze upon whatitdoing?'s avatar.

it's a job everyone... a job, no more...no less. do you think there is a fire-man's forum called "Fireinfo.com" where fireman nerds congregate to tell everyone how much more respect they could get by wearing their uniform more proudly? whatever...it's a goddamn job...

Mookie

Latest resources

Back