• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How Northwest took over Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, this financial mess started under the Clinton Administration for making housing loans feasible for those who shouldn't own homes...

Don't be worried by the General, folks. He's really just a 13 year old kid with a big, big heart for Delta and the Dukes of Hazard. Y'all should look at some of his posts on how SONG was going to put the lights out of Jetblue, or how the international flying was going to reap DAL millions-- well, a Bankruptcy and Merger later, things are looking up again for the Big Delta. I wish you the very best of luck.

So, General, time to go to bed, you've got school tomorrow!

Thanks Dad for clearing that up. I do have a question though. Why were you kissing Uncle Frank last night? And later you were holding hands and licking your chops. And what is up with your giggles? Mom always said you were crazy!

And wow, Jetblue sure is doing great too. Thanks for starting JFK and BOS to LAX. You guys sure do know how to pick routes that have no competition on them. Don't worry, if the routes don't work out, you can and will sell more A320s to pay for it. And, we all know you have experience at LAX anyway--we all watched it on CNN! (Great job, BTW)

Goodnight Dad and Frank.

Bye Bye--General Lee

No, it goes back further to the failure of Reaganomics. This mess started when banks stopped doing mortgages. It has more to do with packaging toxic paper as a tradeable fund with a high beta then with giving loans to people that were unable to afford the said load. If there was no market for subprime loans, the loans would not have been made.

You keep right on believing that stuff-time will prove what a fool you have been... Maybe you should open a real newspaper once or twice a year.

What caused this mess was the manipulation of the natural market by Barney Frank and Chris Dodd as well as jerks like ACORN. If you do a little research, you may find that the only reason banks ever wrote these crappy mortgages was because of the heavy-handed Federal laws passed to appease slobbering Barney and ACORN.

Essentially, the banks were terrorized into writing more of these things-when that didn't have the desired effect, Freddie and Fannie actually repackaged all the mortgages and bought many of them from the banks outright. The banks became middlemen, and the assets held by Freddie and Fannie were crap from the very beginning-thanks again-Barney, you slobbering monkey!

-This garbage is called "social engineering." This kind of stuff NEVER works in the long run. The markets have a way of reaching an equilibrium, and that is what is happening right now.

-Reaganomics works very well (it managed to pull the country out of an even deeper recession than what we have now-thanks to Jimmy Carter.) People who run profitable businesses will hire more workers and more wealth will be spread all over when they do.

Obama's economic policies are doomed. A sixth-grader could design a better way to rescue the economy than Mr. Obama could ever devise. (BTW-Speedbird-check a paper once in a blue moon-Mr. Bush was referred to the same way throughout his presidency.) At least I do have the decency to avoid pointing out the fact that Obama is a freaking Marxist every time I refer to him.

-Oh, one more thing, Speedbird..... When you refer to me as an "idoit" and cannot even spell the word correctly-it is not me who winds up looking like the "idiot."

Thanks Dad for clearing that up. I do have a question though. Why were you kissing Uncle Frank last night? And later you were holding hands and licking your chops. And what is up with your giggles? Mom always said you were crazy!

And wow, Jetblue sure is doing great too. Thanks for starting JFK and BOS to LAX. You guys sure do know how to pick routes that have no competition on them. Don't worry, if the routes don't work out, you can and will sell more A320s to pay for it. And, we all know you have experience at LAX anyway--we all watched it on CNN! (Great job, BTW)

Goodnight Dad and Frank.

Bye Bye--General Lee

-I watched your "BK" experience on CNN, Gen...... I am sure we will be seeing more of that after SWA gets thru with your sorry butt.

-Maybe you could fight them with "Song." That famous and all-powerful "airline within an airline."

-Oh, sorry-Gen..... Didn't mean to smack you across the face with yet another example of a failed business strategy from your "inspired management."

-I have a feeling tht the latest INTL expansion will make the bloodletting previous to (and since) the BK look like a paper cut....
-Then those funny-lookng 737s will start coming in to mop up your mess....

-Oh well, I hear Chuck-E-Cheese has an opening for a rat with talent-maybe you could weasel out the competition...

(Word to the wise, Gen-you can still wear your cool "sub-commander getup under the rat suit if you like, but invest in a good cup-those kids know right where to kick the rat.)

Last edited:
-I watched your "BK" experience on CNN, Gen...... I am sure we will be seeing more of that after SWA gets thru with your sorry butt.
Judging by your posts, I bet you wish you could get done wit his butt!:blush:

-Maybe you could fight them with "Song." That famous and all-powerful "airline within an airline."

Sorry that f/a career didn't work out for you

-Oh, sorry-Gen..... Didn't mean to smack you across the face with yet another example of a failed business strategy from your "inspired management."
Yet the strategy of a failed rj pilot is so much better?:laugh:

-I have a feeling tht the latest INTL expansion will make the bloodletting previous to (and since) the BK look like a paper cut....
Don't worry, there'll always be work for lav service technicians (as you like to be referred as)

-Then those funny-lookng 737s will start coming in to mop up your mess....
At least you've got mommy and daddy to mop up yours.

-Oh well, I hear Chuck-E-Cheese has an opening for a rat with talent-maybe you could weasel out the competition...
I'm sure you'd know that since you spend a lot of your days there looking for dates!

(Word to the wise, Gen-you can still wear your cool "sub-commander getup under the rat suit if you like, but invest in a good cup-those kids know right where to kick the rat.)
You know that for a fact huh? Must be tough when they're fighting and kicking to get away from you most of the time. Do they stop kicking when they're older? :laugh:
Seek help immediately!

You keep right on believing that stuff-time will prove what a fool you have been... Maybe you should open a real newspaper once or twice a year.

What caused this mess was the manipulation of the natural market by Barney Frank and Chris Dodd as well as jerks like ACORN. If you do a little research, you may find that the only reason banks ever wrote these crappy mortgages was because of the heavy-handed Federal laws passed to appease slobbering Barney and ACORN.

Essentially, the banks were terrorized into writing more of these things-when that didn't have the desired effect, Freddie and Fannie actually repackaged all the mortgages and bought many of them from the banks outright. The banks became middlemen, and the assets held by Freddie and Fannie were crap from the very beginning-thanks again-Barney, you slobbering monkey!

-This garbage is called "social engineering." This kind of stuff NEVER works in the long run. The markets have a way of reaching an equilibrium, and that is what is happening right now.

-Reaganomics works very well (it managed to pull the country out of an even deeper recession than what we have now-thanks to Jimmy Carter.) People who run profitable businesses will hire more workers and more wealth will be spread all over when they do.

Obama's economic policies are doomed. A sixth-grader could design a better way to rescue the economy than Mr. Obama could ever devise. (BTW-Speedbird-check a paper once in a blue moon-Mr. Bush was referred to the same way throughout his presidency.) At least I do have the decency to avoid pointing out the fact that Obama is a freaking Marxist every time I refer to him.

You should probably leave the thinking to other people.

Last edited:
You should probably leave the thinking to other people.

Time will tell who is right. It will be very clear in another year or two....

I wish there were some chance Obama's economic foolishness would work, but it simply will not.

-It's gonna get really bad-you would sell your soul for a little "Reaganomics" by the time we get through this crap.

Such a childish retort. I choose to use more in depth research materials than newspapers.

I see that you rely on FOX for your sound bits - the issues we are facing now can find its roots in the Reagan years. Smaller banks began to divest themselves of their mortgage units in the 80's. Some larger financial institutions saw a chance to earn and bought up and combined these spun businesses. Other smaller "mortgage warehouse" companies sprung up. The last 8 years has seen the sharpest raise in these toxic papers (sub prime mortgages). Those who traded these papers pushed hard to get more.

The word you are looking for is "incentive." The Bush administration allowed industry insiders to run the departments where they had conflicts of interest. Mortgage Wholesalers grew.

Funny, the economy sank into a recession after Reagan left office and only pulled out after the two following 2 Presidents raised taxes. The problem Economists have with "supply-side" and "trickle-down" is that the money did not, in fact, trickle down.

This is unknown - time will tell but we will need more than 45 days to determine if his policies will succeed. For the sake of the Country, we need his plan to succeed.

-Oh, one more thing, Speedbird..... When you refer to me as an "idoit" and cannot even spell the word correctly-it is not me who winds up looking like the "idiot."

For your consideration.....

Latest resources

Back