• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How Northwest took over Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you believe the way to solve a federal deficit is to double it within two months with 800+ billion dollar "stimulus" bill, followed by a 500+ billion mortage rescue bill, followed by an additional 500+ rescue for the banks then you must not understand economics at all.
If you believe the best way to run the treasury secretary post is to put an admitted tax cheat in charge of it.....you might be correct. But what kind of precedence does it set. And how many cabinet members has Obama explored that have failed to pay taxes? Guess taxes are only for the "evil" rich not for democrats.

But for the sake of the Nation I hope Obama is successful and will hold off on declaring success or failure for a greater time frame to see what fruits are yielded from his actions.

Just from my perspective it is hard to believe someone when they talk about fiscsal responsibility and then double the deficit in two months then hold a summit on fical responsibility that his own secretary doesn't even stay awake for.

And the housing situation can not be pinned on Reagans watch either it goes back to Carters neighborhood reinvestment acts that Clinton strengthened inorder to force banks into giving what they knew were bad mortages. But don't let that get in the way of your partician bickering.

I hope and pray Obama is successful just a little skeptical of some of the agendas. I don't want to see any more suffering in this country.

En Mort Main

What about soem of this commie's campaign promises?

*No Earmarks- Just signed a bill with @9,000 FREAKING EARMARKS!!!!

*Most Transparent Administration- What about Joe Biden giving a speech to the AFL-CIO right now that was not televised, broadcast, and even newspaper reporters are kept out of?

And we are only a little more than a month into his dishonest rule!

-Obama is nothing but a big bag of hot air. He only has one issue and that is "class warfare." As long as Obama keeps on hitting that stupidity and continues making these completely ignorant moves, the Republicans chances in 2010 will just keep getting better and better.

-Can't wait to see that dish-earred clown become the first african-american lame-duck.

*Most Transparent Administration- What about Joe Biden giving a speech to the AFL-CIO right now that was not televised, broadcast, and even newspaper reporters are kept out of?

-Obama is nothing but a big bag of hot air. He only has one issue and that is "class warfare." As long as Obama keeps on hitting that stupidity and continues making these completely ignorant moves, the Republicans chances in 2010 will just keep getting better and better.

-Can't wait to see that dish-earred clown become the first african-american lame-duck.

The Fry "chef" at McDonalds speaks!! Well, did you know that there are 1/2 the earmarks in this budget than the last one Bush had? 1/2. I call that CHANGE for the better. You guys obviously are a little hazy about the carwreck your Republicans put us in over the last 8 years, and now are complaining about the size of the tow truck needed to pull it out of the ditch. Sorry, you lost the election, so deal with it, and get me a large fry not a small one.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Your entire post to me, "You can fool some people some of the time, but you can fool 22% of the people ALL of the time."

Incidentally, W's approval rating was around 22% as he left office.

The earmarks were in the "stimulus" package, not the budget. The man didn't even make an effort to control these earmarks-and we will all pay for this disaster.

This guy is just a big of a scumbag as all the rest of them.

-I've got your fries right here, Gen.... I took the liberty of including a little "special sauce."

-It truly is wonderful working for a company that knows how to make a profit-maybe you should find one of those to employ you, Gen.

Don't forget to add your pay raise. Better bases and you still have a frozen pension.

I'm so tired of people like you.

Pay raise you said? Open up the contract and tell me how much of a pay raise I actually got. Management must laugh when they sit down at the table with a bunch of inexperienced pilot negotiators. They gave us the "great" pay and then took away a lot of the good benefits we had here at NWA.

Frozen pension? What frozen pension are you talking about? I was hired in 2000 and will get NOTHING!
There are close to 1500 fNWA pilots that do not receive one dime of frozen pension.

I hear a lot of rhetoric about how you Delta guys are pissed off at your retirees for taking the money and running. Why is this? They were exercising their contractual rights that YOU voted on and ratified. Don't sit here and tell me you aren't grateful for the bump in seniority you received when all those guys retired. What was the alternative? Would you have rather dealt with it the way NWA did? (The DB guys actually stayed with their frozen plan and junior pilots don't move up the list and got NOTHING but a DC plan?) I am grateful for the DC plan by the way,but it certainly isn't what I expected when I signed on. Too bad for me. I have moved along.

It's really funny how some people think these days. I hope I never have the pleasure of running in to you on the line. You are arrogant and uninformed.

The earmarks were in the "stimulus" package, not the budget. The man didn't even make an effort to control these earmarks-and we will all pay for this disaster.

This guy is just a big of a scumbag as all the rest of them.

-I've got your fries right here, Gen.... I took the liberty of including a little "special sauce."

-It truly is wonderful working for a company that knows how to make a profit-maybe you should find one of those to employ you, Gen.

The budget for the year had 1/2 the earmarks compared to Bush's last one. That is a fact jack. Change is here. And, your manager has been informed about your special sauce deal. He will assign you more bathroom cleanings next. Don't chew the gum left in the urinals please. Also, our execs still say we will have a profitable 09. We'll see Mr. Fry man.

Bye Bye--General Lee

from TheStreet.com 03/04/09

"By contrast, Northwest has long been considered the most aggressive of airlines, known for sometimes confrontational labor relations and for a fierce response to competitive intrusions. In the late 1990s, when AirTran(AAI Quote - Cramer on AAI - Stock Picks) started to expand at its Atlanta hub, Delta seemed to look the other way, allowing AirTran to flourish. It is widely felt that Northwest would have used the weapons a hub airline possesses, such as scheduling, pricing, amenities and frequent flier loyalties to crush AirTran in its infancy."

If this is truly the case, then why the seemingly passive tolerance of Spirit in DTW? Sun Country in MSP? Where was the big hammer?

Latest resources

Back